Green Taxes

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi

It seems to me that we have to pay for everything WHY should we pay green taxes if America and China dont they are after all the 2 biggest polluters.

Two well respected science foundations in Russia and Sweden say about 2012 the world will start to cool down what then will we get a rebate or will these taxes be scraped? proberbly not.

Not so long ago the government was trying to make us pay more council tax for having a conservatory or a garden shed or even a green house. New labour more like the dandy highway men.

every time we have to pay more taxes its nearly always the motorists who bear the brunt of it esspecially the 4x4 and large car drivers we need them to pull our vans and to spend our money in our country mainly not in forgeign climates.If our road tax goes upto what the greens want 5 grad im afraid i will have to sell my car and van cos i for 1 wont be able to afford it meaning i will have to fly off on holiday every year sort of pointless really.

At the end of the day will we paying to save the planet or is this money to pay for pensions or for illegal immagrants after all all the money our soft goverment gives them for nothing has to come from somewhere.

Andrew

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Another Victor Moment!

Have you not noticed that the current political incumberants like the idea of more camaras to generate fines, spys in wheely bins so one can be fined for wrong litter offences, and now the latest Mandleson(isum) is the enviromental poloution with a double wammy of fines and tax. Come the next election they will tell us that they are able to reduce taxes due to Gordons Prudence and some silly bu--ers will fall for it.

ttfn.

May 2, 2005
Visit site
A lot of good comments here.

Firstly, no tax will ever be spent on green issues although it will be fancied up to try and fool us all.

As a way of perhaps proving this, imagine that they raise taxes...again, 80 rises so far and counting.....and the tories win the next election. As a thankyou to the country, they reverse the so called green tax.

Labour will instantly shout about the "cuts in the NHS budget and on fighting crime", but I bet there will be no mention of global warming etc.

Politicians think that we are stupid...or that we will just pay up and get on with it. Promises made on the run up to an election will be binned as soon as whoever wins get the keys to number 10.

May 2, 2005
Visit site
Just had another thought.

If the current government are so keen on green issues, why did they scrap the grants to have cars converted to LPG.

I'm about to have my car converted at a cost of

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts