GreenHills Caravan Park - Bakewell

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at this site last November in a friends tent (never again, give me my van anytime)!

There are 2 fields for vans, one seemed to be fairly level, the other looked like it was the side of a steep hill, you will need chocks! I personally thought the vans were a bit close, closer than I would have been happy with - but each to their own.

The shower block was ok, I have seen better and I have seen worse. They also had a portacabin type effect in the car-park for the overspill of the shower/toilet blocks, this wasn't too bad!

It was extremely busy when we stayed, and a bit loud, but it depends what you want from a holiday.

There is a small shop on site, and a bar.

Have a good time and let us know your thoughts when you return.

Lolly x

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at this site last November in a friends tent (never again, give me my van anytime)!

There are 2 fields for vans, one seemed to be fairly level, the other looked like it was the side of a steep hill, you will need chocks! I personally thought the vans were a bit close, closer than I would have been happy with - but each to their own.

The shower block was ok, I have seen better and I have seen worse. They also had a portacabin type effect in the car-park for the overspill of the shower/toilet blocks, this wasn't too bad!

It was extremely busy when we stayed, and a bit loud, but it depends what you want from a holiday.

There is a small shop on site, and a bar.

Have a good time and let us know your thoughts when you return.

Lolly x
I am sorry it was September, not November. Typo!

Sep 1, 2006
Visit site
If your a true caravan then stay away. If you live on a council estate and drink beer in the street then this for you.

Caravans very close, ball games near pitches.

Very noisy from other vanners and tents.

Toilets dirty.

Beer Rubbish.

Booked two nights only managed one.

Give a large berth.

If your a gippo use paddys farm...!!!!

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
We looked at this site only the other day as its not too far away, it looked fine but i noticed that they charge High season prices every weekend from march so we gave it a miss.

Fron the reviews on www.ukcampsites.co.uk it appears to be ok but bordering on the drink as much as you can then sing all night type site, great if you like this type of site but at the price they want you can go to haven or british holidays and have the full monty.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts