Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi out there, i am fairly new to this can anybody help? when cleaning under the grill there is always alot of what looks like rust. 1, is this normal on a newish van? 2, how do i stop it? 3, how do i clean under the grill without getting a bowl full of iron filings? thanks in advance for any help on any of these problems. geoff

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Geoff, I didn't respond to your query at once, because I thought someone out there might have a proper answer. All that I can say is, we are now on our fifth outfit and each and every one of the cookers has done exactly what you describe. As we have never cooked with gas at home, we just thought it was the normal thing for a gas hob. Apart from the minor annoyance of wiping out the grill, it has never caused a problem.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Geoff, the oxidisation of the burner tube on a gas grill is very common, as they tend to use cast iron for the burner, and burning gas creates water, which ends up causing rust.

Even on domestic cookers it happens, except those fitted with stainless steel burners.

Unfortunately there is no simple way of avoiding it, or curing it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts