groundsheet ? ? ?

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Bought a 1997 Abbey Caprice 2b end bathroom about a month ago and used it for the first time this week end. Very enjoyable but for a couple of problems!

1/ forgot the bottle opener, very quickly found someone who had one but it cost me two glasses - not a bad swop realy.

2/ No groundsheet with the awning. I was told by the guy who bartered the wine that to be on the safe side I needed to buy a breathable groundsheet because some site stipulate this! is this correct? and also were is the best (cheapest) place to buy? the awning is a 16' x 7' NR sterling with bedroom attachment, therefore approx 20/21' (is it better one piece or two?)

Kel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Many caravan sites now insist on breathable groundsheets being used with awnings to minimise the damage to grass over the course of the season.

Most caravan accessory shops sell the groundsheet by the metre and it is cut to the length that you require.

I'm not too sure which is the cheapest, if cost is a major factor used groundsheets are often sold on internet auction sites.

The bottle opener is an essential piece of kit, thankfully someone came to your rescue!

Reg

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Yes its a requirement on most campsites these days. I don't think I've come across a site were they don't use them. I've had one for quite a long time now but I don't know what make it is but it opens the bottles OK.

Sorry I can't help with the ground sheet though why not just throw an old coat down so long as the bottle opener works.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts