grp polish

Oct 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi forgive me if this has been done previously on here, but wanted to share a tip. My otherwise lovely shiny 5 year old caravan had a very dull front panel, made of grp. When I polished it with my usual car polish (which is great on the car) is just didnt seem to make any difference, and while wash n wax cleaned it, it always remained dull and aged looking. I tried to find a caravan polish for this job, as grp front panels dont seem uncommon but couldnt find one for grp.

Then it struck me that lots of boats are made of grp, and lots of them are shiniy. A quick search of the net located lots of specilised grp and aluminium polishs for boats. Boughts some, called Starbrite marine polish, from a local marine supplies shop and I am so chuffed. Within one application it was shiny and smooth again.

Just need a safe way of polishing the roof now!

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
We've recently used '3M Marine Fibreglass Restorer and Wax', bought from a chandlery, on the front and back of our 12 year old caravan and that worked a treat. As yourself, we still need to do the roof somehow.

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have been looking for something to look after my Vauxhall Vivaro and my Bailey Pageant Burgundy. Please take a look at Polishedbliss.co.uk and take a look at the Werkstat Acrylic Kit. I've just bought it and am hoping to give it a go this weekend. They have assured me that it is safe on paint, plastic, rubber and GRP. These people are SERIOUS about cleaning, polishing, and waxing. Have a look at some of the cars on which they've spent in excess of 100 hours each!

They are extremely friendly and will give you free unbiased advice, highly recommended.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
I should have also said on my previous message that I have been looking around the shops to get the elbow grease to apply the restorer, however I have been unsuccessful so far!

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
polish my roof with a cheap floor mop the long flat head type aply polish with it then change head cloth and polish the telescopic handle helps get to the middle and you can wash the cloths and re use.

Reactions: tigertrucker
Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
+1 for Polished Bliss. A nicer bunch of chaps you'll not find. All the products I use come from them and I've yet to be disappointed. I also won their "Show 'n Shine" competition one month back in 2008. (yes, I'm one of those clean freaks)

Also, for the appearance conscious amongst you, check out www.detailingworld.co.uk. This is a site where a bunch of people who are fanatical about the look of their cars display their work. There are some really good "How to" articles on there as well.

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts