Grumpy Old Man

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Am I turning into a "Grump Old Man" or does anyone else find that what ever you buy, or what ever service you require, nothing ever seems to be the way it should be, I bought a new 13 pin connector,as the old one seemed a bit loose, fitted new one connected up, fridge not working. Rechecked wiring, everything OK, refitted old one, works fine. while I was at it I replaced the brakeaway cable for one with a more solid Carbina style clip, blxxdy thing won't go through the purpose made bracket with out getting a rotory rasp and making hole longer. It's not rocket science is it, doesn't anybody carry out quality control checks anymore.

Steve W

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve, Welcome to the group. You don't actually have to be old in years to be a grumpy old man - it can happen at any age. Have you thought of starting a topic " I have observed XXX" where XXX is anything that you feel worthy of comment? An example would be " I have observed whilst on CC sites that female members wear their night clothes whilst going to the showers in the morning. Why can't they get dressed properly before leaving their vans?"

Ray

JTS

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Steve, Welcome to the group. You don't actually have to be old in years to be a grumpy old man - it can happen at any age. Have you thought of starting a topic " I have observed XXX" where XXX is anything that you feel worthy of comment? An example would be " I have observed whilst on CC sites that female members wear their night clothes whilst going to the showers in the morning. Why can't they get dressed properly before leaving their vans?"

Ray
I have a feeling that they think we see them in a "DIFFERENT LIGHT". If they only knew. Ray - good idea -you tell them.good luck JTS.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I have observed recently an awful sight. The man in the next caravan was bending over showing his hairy builders bum. Can males of a portly nature please ensure that they have enough material in their trousers to cover the said crack.

There is nothing worse than spotting the said crack and then looking at the two weetabix in my dish. Really puts this grumpy old man off his brekkie.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
JTS, my response to Steve gave an example of an "I have observed" post and In no way endorses my views either way on the subject{I've learnt by experience how people can be offended on the forum}.

A few years ago in the forum somebody commented that people who used windbreaks on site were ignoring them. I asked a simple question as to whether they were also being ignored by people who don't use windbraks and was casigated for being rude.

Its funny how you catch yourself doing things your father would have done. I read something in the local paper which led me to comment via their web sitem and then realised what I had done. I'm a bit ashamed actually!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Always amazes me how long it takes other people to pack up when it is time to go home, commented to Gill the last time we went away "I don't believe it" they have been at it for almost 4 hrs now, we can do that in well under an hour cant we love? Yes came the reply, only because while you are sat there staring out of the window for hours on end minding other peoples business, I am actually sorting things out and packing up! Back in me place once again.........Grumpy old men.

Dec 8, 2007
Visit site

Ray
Why do people need to use shower blocks when they have all the facilities in their 'vans? I wouldn't dare go out in nightclothes - unless they were covered by trousers & coat.

Mind you, I was out in nighty, trousers and jumper, boots and coat and camera Easter Sunday at 6.30 a.m. taking wonderful photos of the snow at Thirsk, the Folk Group Easter Rally (C&CC).

Margaret W

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts