Haggerston castle

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Would appreciate any feedback on this British Holidays site at Berwick. Looking for a good site for the kids but not one were the touring pitches are squeezed in, like many large commercial sites?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We went there two summers ago and found it to be a good site. We were on one of the super pitches so space was good but the rest of the site looked ok. Shower blocks were clean and tidy. If you like chinese food this is the site for you because it has a takeaway on site, and a cantonese restaurant. We found the club house big and noisy, loads of fruit machines etc.......but each to his own....it keeps the kids amused anyway.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we had a drive around this site as we were close by and found caravans were very close together. its a abig site but we have decided not to go as we dont like to be on top of each other

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Been there loads of times, try and keep away from the 'horseshoe' which amongst trees thus making it quite dark and cold.

The takeaway is no longer there but the restaurant is.

Try not to be too close to the statics can be a bit noisy with sun

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Our very first ever trip out was to this site. It rained torrentially for a full week, but couldn't damper our spirits. Lots to do, and we didn't find it overcrowded, but it was September. Long walk from touring site to bars/shops etc. Saying all this, we really enjoyed it there, but it a little too pricey for us now, and we went 9 years ago.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think it's cheep, nasty, loud, noisy. you have to pay an arm and leg to use the indoor area. That includes the pool, which is overcrowded, freezing and I thought not 100% on the cleanliness side of things.

The Area itself is fantastic, lovely pool in Berwick, Anwick castle,the beaches, lovely train ride from Ford to Etal...loads to do for everyone...but go to another site..sorry...but I wish people had been more truthfull with us.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi,

myself and my family spent a bank holiday weekend there,we loved it,simply the best break we`ve had,the entertainment for the kids was 100% and entertainment for the adults was even better.

hoping to go back soon

try it m8,you`ll not disappointed

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
it depends what you want for your kids.We do not like noisy smoke filled rooms where adults get drunk and the kids run about "gambling"on fruit machines and gamming machines.The "entertainment" is crude,not proffesional,just not our cup of tea.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i must admit the site was full of people like us (working class) simply letting their hair down and having a great time,ord house country park is nearby,problaly better for those who are aged or rather spend time relaxing.

snobbering within caravanners ?..maybe`s it true after all

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we are also working class!!and no we dont like to spend time "snobbing2with other caravaners.There are many lovely sites,with entertainment areas that are not rowdy and loud.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i can see curfews being enforced on caravan sites and happy familes (sorry rowdy)being evicted before 9 pm

i used to think caravanners were one for all and all for one,but times have changed and i suppose we are all individual cases

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Im not going to get into the "class" issue here because I dont think it is relevant. Our experience was that we have never seen so many "domestics" on one site in our lives. We even had a glass shattered against our van when the folk in the huge van next to us had an argument. He threw the glass, she ducked!!! the worst behaved appeared to be the ones with big vans and flash cars. Bad behavior is classless. Its a nice site apart from that. Maybe we just went on a bad week.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Our friends booked in for a week but packed up and moved on after 2 nights. Very rowdy with lots of parents 'boozing' at the bar while kids ran wild. Not for everyone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts