Haggis? For Anseo.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Last year we spent 5 weeks up on the North West Coast, Sutherland and Summer Isles.We enjoyed some great Haggis locally made. Some in fat sausage shape where you sliced off , fried and enjoyed.
Do you have any recommendations and details whose is best B) .
We're missing it!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
DD, aldi's do a good Haggis Macaulies, it came first in a Scotish tasting test with Lidles, McKechnie west and third was McSweenies.
There is a little butcher in Kemmney in Aberdeeshire, whos own Haggis are lovely and also make a great Lorne sausage.
Hutch.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
wild_haggis-1024x685_zpsjyq05v6i.jpg

A Two year old Toblermorie Crawler.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
They vary quite considerably. The Tebay Westmorland Services near Carlisle serve an excellent sliced haggis with their full English / Scottish breakfast.
The local shops at Gairloch were selling a locally made one whish was delicious. Not fatty , plenty of grain and tasty . Similar in Achiltibuie. There is a butcher at Ullapool who makes a number of Scottish fares all of which were excellent.
Hutch
I agree Mac Sweens is good but I suspect it is mass produced rather than a more locally made item made by a traditional butcher.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I remember, surprisingly, taking SWMBO, upto Aberdeen to see my family upon our engagment and trying to convince her that a "Haggis Supper" was to die for, I almost did, her being a Sasanach did not appreciate the Haggis in Batter with chips.
Strange she likes Faggots and mushy peas.
And whe we get Devolution she will get dual Nationality through marriage.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I bought a very tasty Haggis from a butcher in mid Wales.. It was Aberystwyth but I have job spelling it !!!

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Last year we spent 5 weeks up on the North West Coast, Sutherland and Summer Isles.We enjoyed some great Haggis locally made. Some in fat sausage shape where you sliced off , fried and enjoyed.
Do you have any recommendations and details whose is best B) .
We're missing it!

Dustydog,

I read your post very soon after you posted it, I am sorry that I could not give a prompt reply, but your post placed me in a state of shock.

My second cousin (twice removed) Sporran Hamish McTreekle disappeared without trace at the time you were in the Summer Isles, YOU ATE SPORRAN didn't you?

I don't know who murdered him for selfish profit but you have given us enough of a lead to bring the blaggard to justice.

Now we have that bit of evidence to be going on we will be pursing the perpetrator(s) of dear murdered and dispatched Sporran.

Any of you Southerners who are even close to Carlisle must be able to hear the wails and cries of a million mourning Haggi.

Dear poor suffering clan kindred Sporran, in our hearts (and Dustydog's stomach) you live forever.

Gang yersel Haggi, Michty Sporran is aye wi us.

Tremble in fear ya heinous murderin bampots, the Haggi are roused.

The HAGGI ALWAYS GET REVENGE

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts