Hair dryer

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
When I was clearing out my loft I came across a Morco hairdryer that clips to the top of the cooker to provide the heat which is then blown the flexible pipe by a 12volt motor,it might be of interest to folk with old vans or cl users anybody got any ideas

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
tony, I am not the worrying kind but it sounds dodgy to me. I don't know how it physically connects to the hob but perhaps it is no surprise that it is not sold now. It is recommended by more knowledgable people than me that the stove is not used as a space heater especially if sleeping.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gents

Fat finger pushed wrong button.

This Morco hair dryer was a very useful device on non-mains sites. A substantial alloy casting, finned like a motorcycle cylinder head, was placed over a gas burner, the heated fins had air blown over them by a (I think) 5 watt motor, and the heated air went into 'Morco' hairdrying attachments, a pipe, comb, hood and a brush. The gas on very low produced ample hairdrying and, on one occasion, the pipe thawed out a water pipe which passed over a wheelarch full of snow !

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Gents

Fat finger pushed wrong button.

This Morco hair dryer was a very useful device on non-mains sites. A substantial alloy casting, finned like a motorcycle cylinder head, was placed over a gas burner, the heated fins had air blown over them by a (I think) 5 watt motor, and the heated air went into 'Morco' hairdrying attachments, a pipe, comb, hood and a brush. The gas on very low produced ample hairdrying and, on one occasion, the pipe thawed out a water pipe which passed over a wheelarch full of snow !
Yes thats exactly how it works,quite safe ,we have had it for ages from when we only used CL sites

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts