Half a door stolen

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
This morning I drove into mums driveway and as I glanced sideways at the caravan it looked odd. Something did not look right about the door. I got out of the car, walked over to the van and saw the bottom half was missing. I was confussed as how this could have happened the door was secured shut and even if it was not, there had been no windy weather to rip the door off. The bottom half of the stable door was missing, hinges as well. looking at the bottom of the frame there were pieces of swarf where someone had drilled the rivets. Everything else in the caravan seemed fine. The washing bowl had been lifted out of the sink and a blind had been creased at the front. All the cupboards were intact, the awning was untouched, aqua roll all there, the only thing missing was the caravan door.
My caravan had been specifically targeted for the door. Someone knew what they were doing, opened the door and drilled the rivets and lifted the bottom half away. The top half has a security mark in the window so maybe this was not taken or maybe just not needed.
It surprised the Kent Police telephonist when I reported the crime. I have fitted a plastic bag over the hole but where am I going to replace a door?
Of course, anyone with any information can report this to Kent police.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I assume it was someone whose door had been damaged and needed another. The door will not be specific to that model but if you go off the Omega range the colour might not match.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Sorry to hear that OP, thieves ????, if it was theft through hunger I could make allowances, but not in this case.

It would be nice to catch them and re-adjust their towball height for free :whistle:

Hope you find a replacement lower door soon.

Anseo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts