Harrington Porch Awning

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
Does anyone have one of these awnings sold by the Discover Group? We like the look of them but would be interested in other peoples opinions. Thanks

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Oklahoma

We have Bailey Burgundy Series 6 and use a Isabella Penta Full awning during the Summer, a Suncamp 390 for a long break then hubby saw the Harington Porch awning at Discover and thought it was to cheap to leave there.

Used it in May for weekend and thought it was a very good size for a porch awning. Well pleased with the price.

We have brought it to France with us for when we move up to St. Malo to catch the earlir morning ferry, somewhere to store everything from inside the van.

Hope this helps.

Allyson

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
That's very helpful thanks Allyson. We're trying to decide what to do as we found that our full sized awning got in the way of the wonderful views from our pitch in St Ives whereas an awning that size would be a good compromise. We want it for the same pitch next year so may wait to see if they reduce the price later on in the year. Thanks again

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
HI guys i actually work for the discover group in their newcastle shop, i also own one of the porchlite square awnings that you are talking about, as i have a bailey ranger 510/4 i find it to be a very handy piece of kit to take away for the weekend, and i have actually slept in it as well on more than one occasion when we have had guests! the only thing to be careful off is very high winds as it is lightweight and would most certainly be damaged very simple to put up as there is only one support pole that is easily fitted this awning can be put in place by one person in about 10 to 15 mins all in all i am very pleased with mine and hope you will feel the same! hope this helps from phill

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi oklahoma sorry misread your first entry i now realise you are talking about the harrington porch awning and not the harrington lightweight porch awning which is called the porchlight square which is a 7ft square porch awning made out of the same material as modern tents the one you are refering to is your normal porch awning which is just a smaller version of a regular awning and made from the same material! the Newcastle branch of discover is situated in Birtley which is just of the A1 as you pass washington it is situated on the main road through portobello trading estate

thanks from phill

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Phill, I was a bit confused about what you said about the awning but all clear now!! I know the Birtley caravan store but didn't realise it was Discover. Our local is Burtree, Darlington.

Thanks for your reply

Dec 8, 2007
Visit site
Unless you have room for a divorce lawyer - don't even think about it! I have always liked the look of the Harrington porch awnings; however, they have a twist and turn locking on the poles, which in turn twist out of the brackets against the caravan, they also have a locking gadget. At the outer edge of the ridge pole there is a half inch prong which goes into the hole is the "across the front roof pole". Needless to say, the slightest wind the the prong comes out.

We were lucky, the bl....... thing was ripped off the 'van at Christmas whilst we were up near Pershore. It was coming home to be ditched.

Go for something else.

Margaret W.

Dec 8, 2007
Visit site
Dear Oklahoma,

I am on bended knee! The awning that caused us so much grief was a HarriSON not Harrington porch awning. We used it only a few times and we both came close to blows! I could have wrapped hubby's walking sticks around his neck and the awning could well have been dumped, only we need it.

Sorry for misinformation.

Margaret W.

Jul 1, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I recently bought a Harrington porch awning and am very pleased with it. It's quick and easy to put up and it has clips to hold the awning to the poles close to the caravan, so you don't get any wind blowing through.

I've just returned from a week in Looe and the weather was awful but we didn't have any leaks etc. Really nice awning in my opinion.

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
Dear Oklahoma,

I am on bended knee! The awning that caused us so much grief was a HarriSON not Harrington porch awning. We used it only a few times and we both came close to blows! I could have wrapped hubby's walking sticks around his neck and the awning could well have been dumped, only we need it.

Sorry for misinformation.

Margaret W.
you are right margaret hubby and i quarrel over the harrison porch awning every time we put it up. we will never buy another he keeps telling me or was he shouting ha ha

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts