Hartal bins

Nov 6, 2018
Visit site
Hello all, does anyone know where I can buy a replacement D ring for a Hartal door bin please.

It's the old style semi circular design.

Many thanks

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Whilst on the subject of these bins; does anyone know if it is possible to retro-fit one to a door which has the shallow door pocket, which is only useful as a magazine rack for 1 magazine.

I know everyone hates these bins, but it seems the most logical place to put one. The door pocket seems to be held onto the door with plastic studs in pre-drilled holes. From what I can tell, the Hartal Bins have brackets which are screwed to the door. Can these be screwed to any door? Or is my sprite door (with no window) not suitable?

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Raywood said:
I cannot see any problem if you use self tapping screws but it might be worthwhile speaking to a dealer first.

I'm dragging the van back to the dealers this weekend for a load of things to be put right. Will ask them and see what they say.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
For us its just a bin liner in the doorway when we haven't got the awning up , and it's a swing bin in awning when it is up. I think the door bins are a waste of time for what you can get in them or cannot get in them .

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Batman1957 said:
Just looked on eBay and they sell them at a few outlets have a peek Dean
Please will you quote a link. Mine broke years ago and gone through numerous repairs!
I refuse to buy a whole new bin just for the sake of one piece of poorly made plastic :side:

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
Raywood said:
I cannot see any problem if you use self tapping screws but it might be worthwhile speaking to a dealer first.

I'm dragging the van back to the dealers this weekend for a load of things to be put right. Will ask them and see what they say.

As per my Dealer: You can fit a bin to a Sprite door but it won't look good.
It seems that they use different door mouldings for the versions with a bin. So I would need a whole new door... I'll live without it.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
We are away at the moment with ours but without the awning up where the swing bin would have been in operation so we are using a large freezer bag for bits and bobs off rubbish , just the trick.
I've looked at the door and there's no way I'm putting a bin on that . Like someone else said ; magazines is all that its good for !!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
We are away at the moment with ours but without the awning up where the swing bin would have been in operation so we are using a large freezer bag for bits and bobs off rubbish , just the trick.
I've looked at the door and there's no way I'm putting a bin on that . Like someone else said ; magazines is all that its good for !!

Craig, have a look at These, might be helpfull.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Craigyoung said:

At 5p a bag?! :blink:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
EH52ARH said:
Craigyoung said:

At 5p a bag?! :blink:

Craig, can afford it, if he's going to France this year.
We buy cheap ones that fit inside the Hartnel bin,

I wonder how long it will be until we can buy paper bags, or even the type that the CCC send out the magazine in, made from potatoe I believe

Aug 25, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, 
Just purtchased my first caravan!
Unfortunately the bin loop was cracked also. After reading this old thread I did manage to find the old style loops on ebay.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/c/26004034157

They say it's made from a different material. Going to give it a try and I'll let you know if it's any better. Hope it comes before next Friday though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts