Hartal door lock !!!

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
Whilst away last weekend,our daughter returned to the caravan to get her swim suit.She slammed the door behind her and then realised she had forgotten her towel.she tried to open the door but it was locked.peering through the window the handle had gone up into the locked position.We tried keys from other caravans of the same make,but no luck.

My husband then went in his tool box,and within 20 seconds was in the van.there was no damage done to the lock and it still works.

Now my questions are-

1,Are all caravan locks as easy as this to get into?

2,Is it worth changing the barrel,as it still works ?

3, Is this a common problem with the door self locking?

Nellie.

Sep 20, 2008
Visit site
As the saying goes, 'Locks are only there to keep an honest person out.' I certainly don't hold up much faith in caravan door locks. I would imagaine that anyone with a screwdriver and a few seconds to spare would be in your van in no time.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
The door lock in question is easy to get in to ! i am on my 2nd lock after i had problems with it, the door lock can slide on the frame of the door i have modified mine to stop this.how ever if they want to get in they will!

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
We have just bought a new barrel.As you say if people want to get in they will,surpose it,s better if they damage the lock,rather than the door.

Nellie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts