Has anybody attatched a tv mast to Jockey wheel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Just purchased Vision plus directional TV Antenna with a A frame mast which comes complete with a A frame bracket that bolts to the towing braket.

Problem is to fit this bracket would require a cutout within the plastic Cowling, This I cannot do as I am trading the van in July for a new model.

Going to Race course site at Thirsk in June, normal van aerial is usless, hence the new purchase.

Has anybody Attached the mast to the Jockey wheel, if so what so

what type of clamping did you use, Many thanks in advance

Roy

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I use a clamp to fasten the aerial mast to one of the corner grab handles - I bought it at a caravan dealer and it works just fine except that the mast is then at the rear of the van instead of at the front (doesn't work at the front because of the angle of the front panel).

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Roy,

my clamp consists of a bar with 2 diferrent sizes of U bolts, bar is abot 9" long with large U bolt and wing nuts over jockey thro bar and smaller u bolt over mast and thro bar I also use guy ropes to keep it rock steady

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
just bought one of these,bracket fits to 'a' frame,unless you have got a large overlap with 'a' frame cover it should fit ok????

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
just bought one of these,bracket fits to 'a' frame,unless you have got a large overlap with 'a' frame cover it should fit ok????
Thanks for your information, The plastic cowling is very wide, went on to Vision Plus web site to make sure that I was fitting the A frame bracket on to the towing bracket correctly.

Lutz mentioned a clamp type bracket that you can fix to the caravan handles, saw this on the their web site about

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I have not clamped a tv mast to my jockey wheel, but I have clamped a clothes drier pole to it using Harris security fencing clamps.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Went to Homestead Caravans looking for the the clamp type bracket that Lutz uses, , which was not on their shelves, instead

found a square alum tubular bar fitted with two clamps, one for the 48mm jockey wheel assy and the other for the 25mm aerial mast,simular to the bar will uses, cost

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Roy I used two old awning poles and cut a short length of scaffold tube to act as a sleeve in the jockey wheel clamp. Measured the height of the floor to the sleeve and put two self tapping screws through the sleeve into the old awning tube to prevent it from turning in the sleeve. The aerial stayed firm in all weathers and we received a good picture. If the wind was up I used guy ropes from each of the front legss of the van to give a bit of rigidity to the pole. I ran a coaxial cable from the front locker into the van and then plugged the aerial into the socket in the front locker. All worked a treat.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts