Has anyone been to SÇrignan plage in south of france?

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
We are looking to go there for 3 weeks next summer with a 3 year old , it looks good on the website , but doesw anyone have any comments having been there ?

Thanks

Andy

p.s or other recommendations in same area?

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I wrote this in response to a posting in 2007:

We stayed at Serignan Plage a couple of years ago. There are two fairly separate sections (plus a Naturist site next door). The newer part is at the back, with reasonable toilet blocks, and the large lagoon type pool complex. This is great. However, we thought the toilet blocks could have been kept cleaner (and it wasn't high season). The rest of the site is typical of a beach site - dusty, slightly crowded, and the older toilet blocks are 'interesting' to say the least. We were a little disappointed with the bar/restaurant, but they were doing it up a bit when we were there. The shopping area is in the middle of the older part of the site, and caters for all needs. The beach is good, though it can get windy, and don't stray into the Naturist area!!!

A couple of the replies were:

1. Nought wrong with the naturist area! tis where we go--but the whole area is a bit of a tip really--you only go there for guaranteed hot sun & no rain Jul/Aug---& take your insect repellant--

2. We did actually make it to Camping Serignan Plage in May of last year. I was quite impressed with the site facilities (have some pictures on my website) We were pitched only a stones throw from the beach. Access to some pitches could be difficult, especially for large vans. What anyone thinking of going here should remember is that this is a massive site where touring pitches are by far the minority. The biggest disappointment is that apart from there wonderful beach there is really nothing else within walking distance of the site. You might be better off with bikes but otherwise you have to rely on your car. However there are some interesting places not so far away by car as has been mentioned. I am still searching for my perfect Mediterranean beachside campsite so not sure if we will be heading back immediately, the search continues!!!

As the last post states, I think the surroundings are the biggest disappointment. There are no restaurants/bars within walking distance, the village of Serignan is about a mile and a half away through flat fields of tomatoes and melons, with occasional shanty-type mobile homes. The beach is lovely though - we've been down there again this year from an inland site.

To be perfectly honest, if I had a three year old I think I would look for somewhere else - but I'd be loath to actually recommend anywhere for a family holiday in the summer as we always go outside peak season, and sites can be very different animals then!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed there a few years ago and thought it quite a nice site. It has an excellent swimming complex. It is a massive site and touring pitches are outnumberd by statics by quite a factor. From memory there are about 3 areas for touring pitches, some by the beach, some in the middle of the site and they seem to be developing a new area on the side of the site. If you want to move off site you really do need to use the car as there is not much in the immediate vicinity on the site. I have some pictures here Serignana Plage

David

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We stayed there a few years ago and thought it quite a nice site. It has an excellent swimming complex. It is a massive site and touring pitches are outnumberd by statics by quite a factor. From memory there are about 3 areas for touring pitches, some by the beach, some in the middle of the site and they seem to be developing a new area on the side of the site. If you want to move off site you really do need to use the car as there is not much in the immediate vicinity on the site. I have some pictures here Serignana Plage

David
Hi David - I'm sorry I borrowed your reply from another posting about Serignan, which appears in my reply, above. I hope you don't mind!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts