Has anyone else noticed............

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
..................the number of molehills?
We were away in the caravan from last Wednesday until Sunday, our first trip of the year and at least it didn't snow this time
smiley-smile.gif

The thing that struck me was the number of molehills on grass verges, in fields and on our rally site. I don't remember seeing so many at this time last year so I wonder if something has caused the mole population to become hyper active?
Is mole activity weather related, are they trying to tell us that we are in for a barbecue summer or a seasonal soaking?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Some of my daffs have flowered, the crocuses came up a couple of weeks ago and the tulip leaves have appeared in some of the flower tubs.
It's still light at six o clock here this evening so it looks as though spring has sprung
smiley-laughing.gif

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
http://web.archive.org/web/20040722192952/http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-countryside/vertebrates/reports/mole-review.pdf

Parksy
Have a look at the above web link which takes you to the Defra website. Moles are considered a pest in many parts of the world and can, amongst other things, cause damage to agriculture stocks and undermine flood defences. I know that Haydock Park race course near me employees pest control measures to ensure that Moles and the subsequent burrows that they create do not pose a hazard to race horses.
I too have noticed that there has a been a significant increase in mole hills over the last four or five years now and maybe it is linked to the banning of Strychnine as a means of controlling them.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
My grass still needs cutting,
but only where the puppy hasnt turned it yellow!!!!!!!!
As for the moles, the reason there are so many-------------------------------------oh dont make a mountain out of an molehill !!!!!!

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
We have a traffic island near us, which is very busy, as it is an entrance, and exit for a moterway. In the middle are loads of molehills. I resently puzzled how did they get there?? A quick run over the busy road?? or a deep dig under. maybe it will remain one of those puzzles in life.
Ta julia

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
i know when its winter thecrocs go from salmon pin..,k to deep red ,and iT wont be long before the socks are off (bring it on sandy shaw)bear foot in yarmouth.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
forest gump said:
i know when its winter thecrocs go from salmon pin..,k to deep red ,and iT wont be long before the socks are off (bring it on sandy shaw)bear foot in yarmouth.

Ya wuss, I haven't worn socks for most of the winter. Then again my black crocs retain the heat better than those girly pink ones
smiley-kiss.gif

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
These molehills were'nt the ones alongside the M5 just before Junction 21southbound were they. That's one serious mole that can make a 4 foot high molehill.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Parksy - Moderator said:
..................the number of molehills?
We were away in the caravan from last Wednesday until Sunday, our first trip of the year and at least it didn't snow this time
smiley-smile.gif

The thing that struck me was the number of molehills on grass verges, in fields and on our rally site. I don't remember seeing so many at this time last year so I wonder if something has caused the mole population to become hyper active?
Is mole activity weather related, are they trying to tell us that we are in for a barbecue summer or a seasonal soaking?

Hey Parksy, you think you seen moles, well I'm telling you to wait until you get to Stowford then you'll see what mole hills are all about. We stayed BP56 and the dog walk was like a ploughed feild, should have planted some spuds in time for the rally
smiley-laughing.gif

On another note, have you stayed there before? If you have'nt then looking at your pitch make sure you have plenty of chocs/blocks
My van was 6" at the back from ground and 2' 6" at the front!!!, Even some jockey wheels had chocs under them!!!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
forest gump said:

I bet your feet stink, leaving them on all winter, or are you going to use the excuse they are vented??
smiley-wink.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks kev, we always carry levelling ramps, chocks and blocks because of rallying.
I hope that your weekend in your new caravan went well and that you like it. We'll look forward to seeing you in your posh new caravan
smiley-cool.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts