Have you got yours up?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Your Christmas Tree. I put ours up today. New LED lights so didn't have the usual hour of fault finding. Looks very pretty. I will put the Nativity up closer to Christmas.
A Peaceful Advent to you all.
mel

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
My caravan is in for it's annual service. Dealership ask that all equipment is taken out prior to it going in so there is what seems a mountain of gear sitting in the middle of the house. No room for Christmas decorations until the caravan is back and everything is back in its place.
Due to collect it this Tuesday, so no doubt SWMBO will have me sent up the attic Tuesday evening to get the decorations down. Got one of those fibre optic trees a couple of years ago, couple of sets of leds on it also and looks fine.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've reached the stage of getting the Christmas tree and boxes of lights and baubles, lit up Santa related noise making thingies and tinselly stuff down from the loft and into my shed. I had to do it a few weeks ago when we had the loft insulated but I haven't had chance to actually put the tree up and decorate it yet. These things can't be rushed you know
smiley-cool.gif

Doing a bit of carol singing with our choir over the advent period, first one yesterday (Saturday).

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Prof John L said:
Parksy said:
Doing a bit of carol singing with our choir over the advent period, first one yesterday (Saturday).
smiley-cool.gif

Which Pub was it,
smiley-cool.gif

I wish!
smiley-undecided.gif

Strictly tea and coffee I'm afraid because the choir is based 11 miles from where I live (in a cultural desert, but with plenty of pubs) so I have to get to the venues by car.
I did pop down the road for a steady two quarts and a catch up with the neighbours on Saturday night when the car was safely back on the drive though because singing makes you thirsty
smiley-laughing.gif

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
We have not put our normal Christmas Tree up yet ..........but today I brought in a 26 inch tall Norway Spruce from the garden where it has been growing happily away in it's pot for the last 4 years.
I intend to put it in the conservatory decorated with fairy lights.
I planted the young tree when it was just 2 inches tall after bringing it back from a 6 week caravanning trip to Norway.
I mischievously accidentally dug the seedling up at a glorious waters edge Fjord campsite near Narvic up in the Arctic Circle.
There were literally hundreds growing all around.
My wife's father is Polish and he took part in The Battle of Narvic in 1940 .....he was lucky to survive as many Poles died there.
He is now 102 years old and almost indestructible!
We visited the Narvic memorial and museum ........ all very poignant.
The little tree is for us a celebration of his survival and my wife's subsequent existence!

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
No tree as yet might think about it next weekend, trying to roud up the little helpers!! grandchilden and great nephews and nieces, get a little messy!! But at least the parents get a few hours off!!!
Di

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Got our's up.....

IMG_1700_zps9f579698.jpg

Went a bit further this year...

IMG_1699_zps8e2094e9.jpg

And then lost the plot.......

IMG_1698_zpsecd831e0.jpg

A bit early but Happy Christmas to one and all.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
When we lived in South Africa we only used pine trees and they also gave off a lovely aroma plus you had built in pine cones. Afterwards to could use the tree to start the BBQ. It was at our first Xmas here in 1993 that I found out pine trees were not available as Xmas trees and was horrified to learn that we would be using a spruce tree albeit artificial. LOL!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Mel said:
New LED lights so didn't have the usual hour of fault finding. Looks very pretty.
mel
Damn the new LED lights. Packed up working today! Had to unthread from the tree to take back to the shop tomorrow. Balls dropping everywhere.
smiley-yell.gif

mel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
Mel said:
New LED lights so didn't have the usual hour of fault finding. Looks very pretty.
mel
Damn the new LED lights. Packed up working today! Had to unthread from the tree to take back to the shop tomorrow. Balls dropping everywhere.
smiley-yell.gif

mel
I know the feeling Mel
smiley-undecided.gif

I have to do the unthreading thing from my flagpole when I use it with my led lights. I bought a new set for Stowford
smiley-laughing.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hey Parksy, Damian How about a "Christmas Lights competition" You two can judge; with a round of applause for the winner.
mel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I dunno about a competition but some photos of forumites Christmas trees, lights etc would be nice. Great effort by Deli Dave

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Deli Dave_ said:
xmaslights_zpsf5863369.jpg

Put the star on the aerial post good job it was a nice dry day
Hope you did a risk asssement and method statement before you went up on the roof
smiley-wink.gif

Good job looking Oh so bright.
Merry Christmas

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Plenty of room for the presents in there too. Let the girls out then lock the doors to the house and have a peaceful Christmas!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Finaly got the tree up and al the lights. As usual we have a blown bulb. Amongst hundreds of spares I haven't got one that fits
smiley-cry.gif

Now ordered some new sets from Robert Dyas, they're doing well out of me this year!

A very happy Christmas to everyone on PCv and happy caravanning throughout 2014.
smiley-kiss.gif

TRENDING THREADS