Have you stayed at Camping La Serignan Plage or La Sirene, We...

Jan 29, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

It's Brittany this year, but we want to head back to the South for the guaranteed sun August next year. Have stayed at Caravanning Esterel (Agay) and loved it, but fancy a change. Camping La Serignan Plage looks good also La Sirene (L'Hippocampe) has been recommended. Both are on the Western Med, Narbonne area I think. Has anyone been there, are they any good?!! We have 3 children who will be 7, 9 and 11 next year. We don't mind busy-ish sites as long as they are really good quality and we can get a pitch away from the disco and drunks!!! Thanks a lot. Louanne

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We've been to both - and out of the two I'd go back to La Sirene, but not to Serignan Plage. We didn't particularly enjoy the site, and felt it was run down in certain areas, a bit gypsyish somehow, with some very very old and untidy vans at some points in the site. There was also a badly broken window in the bar area, which we mentioned to the staff, and which was not touched whilst we were there. The whole bar looked like it needed a good clean although the atmosphere in there was quite good! The outdoor pool complex was fantastic, as was the grassy area around it, but the indoor pool was a bit 'grubby around the edges', and we also thought maintenance in the toilet blocks a bit slack. Also, the whole area around the site was a tad depressing - bamboo, flat, dry, dusty, and with nothing at all within walking distance of the site. We did like the 'Hacienda' type shopping area, which was very pleasant, and the staff were friendly. La Sirene we found much more pleasant, and clean. We thoughy there was more to do around the Argeles area, Collioure, down to the Spanish border, into Spain to Figueras, up into the mountains, lovely springs to bathe in, and a trip to Andorra. Argeles is definitely busy, and in high season must be manic - but we were there in very late May and it was lovely.

I've heard some very differing opinions, and Serignan appears to get some good reviews in some books (Alan Rogers, for example) but I'd say it was among the least pleasant sites we've stayed on.

Camping Aloha Village at Serignan gets better reviews, but the area around the site is obviously the same!

Jan 29, 2007
Visit site
We've been to both - and out of the two I'd go back to La Sirene, but not to Serignan Plage. We didn't particularly enjoy the site, and felt it was run down in certain areas, a bit gypsyish somehow, with some very very old and untidy vans at some points in the site. There was also a badly broken window in the bar area, which we mentioned to the staff, and which was not touched whilst we were there. The whole bar looked like it needed a good clean although the atmosphere in there was quite good! The outdoor pool complex was fantastic, as was the grassy area around it, but the indoor pool was a bit 'grubby around the edges', and we also thought maintenance in the toilet blocks a bit slack. Also, the whole area around the site was a tad depressing - bamboo, flat, dry, dusty, and with nothing at all within walking distance of the site. We did like the 'Hacienda' type shopping area, which was very pleasant, and the staff were friendly. La Sirene we found much more pleasant, and clean. We thoughy there was more to do around the Argeles area, Collioure, down to the Spanish border, into Spain to Figueras, up into the mountains, lovely springs to bathe in, and a trip to Andorra. Argeles is definitely busy, and in high season must be manic - but we were there in very late May and it was lovely.

I've heard some very differing opinions, and Serignan appears to get some good reviews in some books (Alan Rogers, for example) but I'd say it was among the least pleasant sites we've stayed on.

Camping Aloha Village at Serignan gets better reviews, but the area around the site is obviously the same!
Thanks Valerie, much appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at Serignan Plage last year. It is a very large site mainly taken up with mobile homes and chalets. The touring area I expect is getting smaller and smaller. There is a lovely beach but as Valerie says there is nothing immediately outside the campsite, you need to use the car. I would not say I would never go back but I think I would try other sites in the area first.I do have some pictures on my website if it helps www.caravantravels.co.uk

David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts