Haven at Caister by the Sea

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
A new touring site for this Haven site. We have just got back from a week at Caister. Staying at the newly opened touring site on the formally all static and challet site was a treat.

We looked around the net for any sort of write up about this site but none was found so I guess it is up to me to start it off.

It has only been open since May this year (2010) and has 44 touring pitches available. All of them have their own EHU which supplies 16amps. Fitted to the stand is your water supply with a grey water drain just at the base. None of these are shared with any other pitch. The chemical desposable point is at the rear of the toilet block.

The pitches themselves are of a good size. Our caravan is 16 foot and with it set up there is three foot at the front end and six to seven foot at the rear so plenty of room for bigger units. When the van is set at one side of your pitch, as most were, you have enough room to put up your awning and have room to put the car next to it all. The front half of the pitch is euro reinforced while the back half is all grass. the pitch is surrounded by a hedge which has yet to do a bit of growing. When it does you will have a lovely private pitch.

The toilet block is all new so there was nothing to say about it other than they have the timer button on the showers and it only lasts for about 30 seconds but the temperature and water presure is good. It seemed to me that the toilet block was always clean, I think this was down to the people using the site and a very good warden called Joe. She will show you to your pitch on arrival and is very knollegable about the area.

On the site there is a fish and chip shop, Two bars and an ordinary shop and a chinnees takeaway who will deliver to your caravan. The main enertainment building has a bar and has the games machines in it. The mash and barrel pub serves meals but I found it lacking in quality and quantity. Two meals cost £20 and both added together might of made one meal. Nice fish from the on site fish shop though. Being a Haven site the prices are always higher than outside the site.

Just outside the site there is another fish shop and further along the road, about 500 yards yet another chinnees take away. Next door to that is a local pub and the beer was pretty good and cheaper than on site.

Out of the gates and turn left you will find the bus stop from where buses go to Yarmouth and the return stop is just up the road a few hundred yards. No need to use the car really.

If you arrive at the site from the north be aware that the tourer enterance is the second turn in. The sign cannot be seen from the first turn in which is the main complex. All in all a very good site with plans to expand from its 44 pitchs.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi Raccoon- I looked at the Caister site on Google maps but as the touring part is new it's not visible. Can you describe roughly where it is on the site? Haven say it's got direct beach access so I'm guessing they've moved some of the statics to create the tourers area?

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi Lada, the touring site is on the front edge of the complex. If you are coming from the north end go slow when you get to the main entrance and miss it, go about 30 yards further and its the next one.

When you turn in there you will see it on the right side. It is reallt next to the main road but noise is very low and to be truthfull we never heard anything other than the noise from busses pulling away from the bus stand.

Enjoy it and Hope this helps you.

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi parksy, I have registered on the site. I cannot get any further than typing in the caravan site name. As it does not come up in the list there is no way for me to access the revue section. Any ideas please.

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes Lada, there is direct access to the beach. The way to it is by going all the way down the path past the shops and bars. Go down past the pool and hey presto the beach. It takes about 10 minutes steady walk.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks once again Raccoon - You're a star.

Heading off in the morning and really looking forward to this break.

thanks again - Lada

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Racoon

Sorry that I didn't answer your earlier post, I've only just come back from a weekend away.

Have a great time in Yarmouth Lada.

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi Lada, hope you have a great time. One thing I got to say about the bus service back to the site if you go to Yarmouth that way, You get the same bus back but dont get on at the same stop in the bus station. It is a couple of stands back from the front one you get off.

We made that mistake because when I asked the driver about the bus back he said that it was this one but did not tell us it was a different stand. So we just got on at the same stand and ended up at Gorlestone hospital at the south end of Yarmouth, good driver though, he let us stay on and got back ok. It did take about 15 minutes to go and about 2 hours to get back. Enjoyed the mystery tour though.

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi parksy, although I have managed to put a review on the sister site I am trying to put another one on about another site but because it does not come up on the drop down list I cannot see any other way of putting it on. Can you let me know how its done please.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Racoon

Please email the name of the site along with the address including postcode and if possible the site telephone number to Victoria Hanson so that she can include your site.

If you don't know all of the details you could still send your information, the postcode and telephone number are more to avoid confusion with other similarly named sites in the area.

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi Racoon

Please email the name of the site along with the address including postcode and if possible the site telephone number to Victoria Hanson so that she can include your site.

If you don't know all of the details you could still send your information, the postcode and telephone number are more to avoid confusion with other similarly named sites in the area.
Thanks for your help parksy. What would we do without you.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi Racoon

I know, he's a little treasure isn't he (and I'm not even going to joke about the buried kind, ;o) hehehe).

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Just back and had a marvellous time at Caister. Raccoons report was spot on - everything on site was excellent for the grandkids and the touring area is first class.
We've been to several Haven sites and this has to be the best pitch spacewise for tourers that we've had.
Lots to do day and night and the pleasure beach in Gt Yarmouth has some fantastic rides. If you go you must try the 'Bomber' ride - about 30 odd meters high and really stomach churning - but the views from the top are well worth the admission price alone! Just remember to have lunch after you go on....
Overall an excellent holiday which passed too quickly as we were entertained from morning 'til night and we'll go back again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts