Haven Holiday Parks

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Afternoon All,

We are deciding on where to go for our 2 week holiday next year.

We are going to try a new site as previous years we have been to Sandy balls in the New Forrest.

As we have 2 very active kids, 2 & 6 years old, we have been looking at staying at a Havens Holiday park and wondered if any of you have had an good or bad experiences?

Thanks

Rob.

Oct 19, 2006
Visit site
CAN RECOMMEND ORCHARD PARK NEAR CLACTON BOOKED FOR 3 NIGHTS STAYED 7 IN OCTOBER WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT IN JULY PLENTY FOR KIDS TO DO AS IT IS A BIG PARK WIH EXCELLENT SHOWERS ALSO TRY PARK RESORTS THEY ARE A BIT CHEAPER VERSION OF HAVEN BUT STILL HAVE ALL THE KIDS CLUBE AND DONT FORGET THE PARTY DANCES!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Rob

I've read some mixed reviews on this forum about various commercial sites including some Haven sites.

Members who might not have had good experiences at Haven sites are in a slightly awkward position on this particular forum because of forum etiquette rule 4 which states:

You may not transmit complaints about named companies or caravan parks. Such individual issues should be taken up with the company direct.

This rule is rigidly applied on this forum so anybody who has had genuine cause for complaint has to be very careful with the wording of their comments to avoid breaking the rules and facing the possible removal of their post.

Haven sites in common with most commercial sites don't suit everybody and much depends on those who are staying near to you at the time so the best thing to do is to take note of the good endorsements and perhaps avoid the sites which are not mentioned but don't forget that everybody's holiday expectations and experiences are different.

I can always put forum members in touch with each other via email by request for 'off forum' correspondence.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
If you want something a bit smaller and less manic than Haven, try Heathlands Beach near Lowestoft. Nice facilities for families but no kids club. Two big play areas, football field, fishing, 3 outdoor pools, huge pitches, direct access to a big beach (but down some steep steps). We went last August and really liked it, but we're not keen on the huge commercial sites.

mel

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
I can recommend Littlesea park in Weymouth. We have stayed there 3 times this year and lots in years gone by. The best pitches are the reinforced grass which each have a water point and tv point but no waste.The wash block is only a few years old and the wardens Jan and Ken keep it spotless they also dont put up with any trouble but are very friendly. The down side is it can get VERY windy due to being high above the fleet. Bus comes into park and lots to do in area.

May 10, 2009
Visit site
AVOID AVOID AVOID !!!

WE WENT TO DEVON CLIFFS THEIR SUPPOSED FLAGSHIP SITE. AN ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE.

THEY USED TO HAVE TOURING ON A TOP FIELD BUT MOVED IT TO A NEW PART OF THE SITE. ITS NEAR THEIR MAIN COMPLEX. AT NIGHT ALL YOU HEAR IS THUD THUD THUD FROM THE ENTERTAINMENT. THEN YOU GET THE REVERSING BEEPERS OF THE DELIVERY HGV'S.

THE PITCHES ARE VERY SMALL, THE GRASS AREA IS NOTHING MORE THAN TURF ON SAND, IF IT RAINS :) OH THATS FUN. BE SURE TO TAKE UR WELLIES AND THATS JUST TO GO IN THE AWNING.

WE COMPLAINED AND SPOKE TO THE SITE MANAGER AN ARROGANT WELSH LADY WHO PRACTICALLY SAID IF YOU DONT LIKE IT LEAVE.

I HATED IT !!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
AVOID AVOID AVOID !!!

WE WENT TO DEVON CLIFFS THEIR SUPPOSED FLAGSHIP SITE. AN ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE.

THEY USED TO HAVE TOURING ON A TOP FIELD BUT MOVED IT TO A NEW PART OF THE SITE. ITS NEAR THEIR MAIN COMPLEX. AT NIGHT ALL YOU HEAR IS THUD THUD THUD FROM THE ENTERTAINMENT. THEN YOU GET THE REVERSING BEEPERS OF THE DELIVERY HGV'S.

THE PITCHES ARE VERY SMALL, THE GRASS AREA IS NOTHING MORE THAN TURF ON SAND, IF IT RAINS :) OH THATS FUN. BE SURE TO TAKE UR WELLIES AND THATS JUST TO GO IN THE AWNING.

WE COMPLAINED AND SPOKE TO THE SITE MANAGER AN ARROGANT WELSH LADY WHO PRACTICALLY SAID IF YOU DONT LIKE IT LEAVE.

I HATED IT !!
Please don't submit posts which are typed in block capitals

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
We too keep going back to Sandy Balls, this summer was our first summer visit, but our fifth visit all in all.

If you want similar, but in a different area, you could try Golden Coast site in Woolacombe.

If you are a member of the Caravan Club, you could try Seacroft in Cromer. Make sure you book early when the bun fight starts at the beginning of next month!!

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
HI All,

Many thanks for your suggestions, we were acvtually looking at going to Primrose Valley in North Yorkshire. Have previously been to Yorkshire and it was lovely, unforutnately we left it a little too late to book Sandy Balls as we are quite fussy on what pitches we have!

I have read mixed reviews on UK Campsite about the site and just wanted general feedback on Havens themselves.

Perhaps i shall keep searching for a less commercial site.

thanks

Rob.

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Rob

We have stayed on a couple of Haven sites,one at Mablethorpe not keen on and acttually on a separate park to the facilities so not good if have young children.

Also been to Burnham on Sea,site near facilities,tidy when we have been there but not been high season though some of the Euro pitches are quite small,that site within easy walking of Burnham itself with lovely and quiet beach.

Went to Primrose earlier this year but in one of their vans not ours and had a look at the touring while we were there.

Pitches are near main road and assume there will be road noise thoigh screened by hedges,space for car,van and awning,couldnt check toilet block as doors locked with pass code but the whole area looked very clean and tidy so no rteason to assume toilets any different

Touring site near to a small bar with the swimming pool but rest of facilities,other bars amusements,shop etc a fair walk away especially if kids tired at end of night though parking is available at that end.

Overall impression we had of site was surprisingly clean and tidy,friendly staff and reasonable prices though we were all adults so cannot comment on childrens activities

Gill

Jun 28, 2005
Visit site
we've been to a few,some good,some bad,went to Perran Sands this September,and had a brill time,we had heard a few bad reports on this site,but they were very helpful,and sorted any problems out without complaint.TRy ukcampsite.co.uk for more honest input on haven sites.

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi Rob.

I went to Kiln park in Tenby ,South Wales last October half term.The club house facilities were very good but the site was terrible.It flooded everywhere,the main shower block shut at 6 o'clock every night,although it did shut at 5.30 one night.The electric even went out for 3 nights running.I complained and ended up having a full refund for the week.I will never use Haven again.Don't mean to put you off.Maybe the other sites are a bit better.

Feb 25, 2007
Visit site
I can highly recommend primrose valley I have went there for the last 3 years great site and plenty for the young ones to do good sized fully serviced pitches, clean washing and toilet facilities as well. Book early on the internet and check prices over a few weeks as they change daily. The first time I went cost me

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi, We went to a Haven Site in Northumberland "Haggerston Castle"

There were loads of static vans and many up for sale. Although the site was pretty with a lake the tourer area was poor. I would not go again.

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
We use Haven sites at Marton Mere Blackpool and the Blue Dolpin at Scarborough. We love them both, admittedly Marton is a bit dated and just use it as a base. Never been to Primroase Valley but my cousin goes there every year for at least 10 days and loves it, plenty for the kids to do and a nce clean site.

Cost can be prohibitive during school holidays, but we usually only plan at the last minute so get a good deal

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't knock Haven too much they do provide a complete holiday package very suited to families and people who like bars, entertainment etc. If these large holidays centres did not exist then the people who like these type of sites would have to find a site elsewear and maybe would start visiting the quieter type of sites which I'm sure would upset others. As with people it takes all sorts

TRENDING THREADS