haven`s 21 foot rule

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys has anyone ever been to Wild Duck or any other Haven

site with a twin axle caravan.I have been told that because our Swift Conqueror is over 21 feet we need to book two pitches.We have been to Haven before with a smaller caravan and the twin

axles only ever have a standard pitch.Is it a case of a small

lie when i book or is the 21 foot rule body length not overall

length thanks for any advice Mark.

Apr 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

I could see there might be a problem if the site had designated pitches of a certain size but when we went to Haven Golden Sands at Mablethorpe we were basically in a field. Some Haven sites do have hardstanding "super-pitches" perhaps this is why they have to have a size limit?? Nobody ever came round measuring our van and although it's only a single axle, it is a biggun!

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Markyboy and Shirley

Personally, I'd run away from a Haven site as fast as my legs could carry me. Sounds to me like you've had a lucky escape.

Lisa
25.gif

Feb 18, 2006
Visit site
hi there ,we went to wild duck about 3 years ago with a twin axle bailey senator ,never had a problem at all, were you trying to book on line ,as it asks for van lenght and if over 21 foot they prefer you to call ,not sure why? we have been to about 3 haven sites over the past 3 years with a twin axle never had a problem when we have rang them to book.

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
hi there ,we went to wild duck about 3 years ago with a twin axle bailey senator ,never had a problem at all, were you trying to book on line ,as it asks for van lenght and if over 21 foot they prefer you to call ,not sure why? we have been to about 3 haven sites over the past 3 years with a twin axle never had a problem when we have rang them to book.
Hi there,

Just back from a haven site in blackpool we have a single axle but its a long one.

When we went to book on line it told us to call maybe you should call them and dont listen to tales.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Went to Wild Duck at Whitsun and while there were a few longer vans there, I think you would have to phone direct because much of the site is between and under trees and therefore the pitches vary in size. At busy times I believe they would not be able to guarantee you a long pitch unless you had phoned ahead to warn them.

I saw them actually having to perform emergency tree surgery to get a very long camper van onto a pitch.

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
markyboy and shirley...I know Haven have a bad reputation and during the height of the school summer holidays and bank holidays I would give them a wide berth.

However, we have a twin axle (26') van and we stayed at their Lower Hyde (Isle of Wight) site on a hard standing pitch last September and we had a good time. They did an all in ferry and pitch rate of

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
We have been top loads of haven sites over the years and had no problems with van size even the 27 foot twins we used to have, however like has allready been said we did have to phone them rather than book on line.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with these sites as long as you visit out of the main season, in high season they are atrosious but that is not the sites fault its the few idiots who think they only have two weeks left to live and spend that time drinking and smoking themselves to death whilst theire "little angels" spend the day vandalising the site facilities.

Out of season they are great, we are going to the isle of white in september for two weeks to thorness bay, we have been loads of times and its absolutely fine at this time of year, and it has cost only

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the replys guys i think i will over look the size

of our van and just book.we are looking to book for end of season , but i have booked august bank holiday at a park resorts

park and i think they have the same rule so i will find out then

mark.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts