Haven site,Golden sands.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
We have been looking at Haven site for the frist week in July.

Has anyone been to Golden sands in Mablethrope. Have been to two Haven sites before frist time was at Rockley park in poole, which was very good, then we went to Reighton sands, Filey which we will never go back to. But hoping this one we be a good one, as we have two children who love the shows etc.

Would love to hear from you if you have been , thanks Steve.

Apr 10, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve

Been to a few Haven sites but not this one, however bumped into a friend today who had just returned from there and was very disappointed not much to do compared with other Haven sites her family had been to, she said she wouldn't go back may be worth you looking around they do vary quite a bit we are off to Kiln Park in the morning so hoping that one is ok

Sue

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve

Been to a few Haven sites but not this one, however bumped into a friend today who had just returned from there and was very disappointed not much to do compared with other Haven sites her family had been to, she said she wouldn't go back may be worth you looking around they do vary quite a bit we are off to Kiln Park in the morning so hoping that one is ok

Sue
Thanks, hope you have a good time. You will have to let me know what you think of this site. Steve

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
We did not enjoy our stay at kiln park at whitson, it was very packed, showers open from 7am to 8pm ,sometimes there were queues, it had about 6 female showers, it was'nt that clean . As for the super pitches,below standard , craming more vans in, people complaining that their hook up cables didnt reach, and been told by staff to go out and buy longer cables.The touring warden,just walks into your awning , without saying anything first, a very rude man.Would not go back there again, one site i will give a big miss.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve. We stayed there for a week once and it was the most depressing place we've ever been too. Untidy, full of foul mouth teenagers and their equally loutish parents/carers. The tourers are crammed in and it does get boggy. Even my bold and brave dog was nervous!

Also, I don't know how old your children are but I wouldnt like my 13 year old daughter to mix with some of those children/teenagers.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
went to this site a few years ago,typical haven site,rubbish.tourers pitch area was like a ploughed field.site was very noisey,dirty toilets and the water in showers was very hot and could not be cooled, kids got burnt, staff not interested.i think the staff at haven sites get trained to p-ss the tourers off so that they buy a static and they can then rip them off as all sites seem to be the same

Apr 10, 2005
Visit site
Thanks, hope you have a good time. You will have to let me know what you think of this site. Steve
Hi Steve

just a quick note to let you you know that we are back from kiln park and very impressed excellent kids entertainment far better then marton mere or lakeland, Bradley Bear & Friends were great much more entertaining than usual......... great pools good play area plenty of shower cubicles basic but clean didnt have to wait once, Tenby is a lovely place plenty to see and do would highly recommend we will be back very friendly staff and well stocked reasonably priced shop on site sue

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts