He says - she says.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
And so begins the tri-annual battle of explaining payloads to madam.
She says, this doesnt weigh much, neither does that, or that, or that.
He says lift them altogether.
She says, if we dont take that, we can take that.
He says, that is heavier than the one you want to leave, if we dont take either, we might be legal.
She says, I got these specially.
He says, yeah, but you can get twelve pints of milk and two cartons of orange juice where we are going.
She says lets take the sleeping annex.
He says nobody is sleeping in it.
She says we can use it as a door.
He says, we have already got 4 doors.
She says, you are impossible.
He says, you are barking mad.

And then the fight started. :blush:

And with all the stress, I have put this in the wrong section. See what she is doing to me.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Thingy,
the easy way out is to just agree and go along with Mrs Thingy, then go off and do you own thing, when it comes to weights the best thing I ever did was getting rid of one gas bottle, stop taking an awning and taking off the alko spare wheel carrier,

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thingy,
the easy way out is to just agree and go along with Mrs Thingy, then go off and do you own thing, when it comes to weights the best thing I ever did was getting rid of one gas bottle, stop taking an awning and taking off the alko spare wheel carrier,

Nah
the easy way is to stop taking Mrs Thingy. B)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Totally sympathise with your dilemma. I’ve had tins of cassoulet going back and forth from France. They are the just in case we can’t find a shop supplies. The dogs eat one tin of food per day between them but I’ve lost count of how many sometimes get brought forth. Every spice and condiment known to man will travel but on a five night trip I can tell you what will be served for supper each day although not always in the correct order.
After a couple of weeks away Mrs OC begins to realise that there are super shops in UK and abroad. And restaurants too.

But we still enjoy our trips out but yearn for a lot more of them.

Yours
resigned to the inevitable.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
As members of the take very little club we have avoided that sort of argument for years. The one thing my wife does take is clothes though. I know it is Britain and the weather is unpredictable but going for three days and coming back with four outfits unworn is a bit over the top. Having said that I do tend to err on the side of caution and pack a few more than I need.
Things have changed a bit lately, and more chairs got added, and now we have a CADAC so may be weight watching might get more serious.

Mar 8, 2019
Visit site
Enjoying reading this topic.
I'm a woman and of course we Have to take loads of clothes, enough said. ;)
However it's the other way around for me, I'm the one saying not to overload the van, (apart from my clobber) and I keep rearranging things and putting it in the transit.
Saying this though we had no problems towing.
We've just been cleaning the van and have had words so I'm just doing the interior now. Is this a man thing. I WAS helping honest.
Cath

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Ha !! I'm normally paranoid with the weights and what goes into the van but she says it'll be ok but when we go away , it's usually me that over packs for clothing in my stuff & that comes back unworn !! :lol:

Jan 3, 2019
Visit site
I am sure my missus has information about the apocalypse that I don't know about, We go away frequently for the weekend (2 nights) and she assumes the rest of the park will have forgotten to bring food because she loads up the fridge and the cupboards with enough for 12 months !!
I am too soft to argue so I'll go without undies and stick to bud "lite" for the weekend :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts