Head Count! Who is off to France this year??

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 5, 2005
Visit site
June 11 eurotunnel heading Lutz st savuer in the pyranees via Millau and that amazing bridge probably return to the lot region for a few days cannot wait to go once again to wonderfull France.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
16th August, Portsmouth - Caen then heading down to the Loire Valley. I am a recent new comer to this forum but have found it really useful with good advice. Now I will give a bit of advice...watch out for our silver Mazda as we are camping for the first time with our one year old so you may not want to pitch up close by:)

May 8, 2005
Visit site
Leave home 8th June Dover-Calais down to Camping Esterel (4 night) on Cote d'Azur with overnight stops at Troyes and Valence. Two nights in Camargue and then 14 nights at Camping Brasillia down near Spanish border. Returning over Millau Viaduct with stops at Clermont-Ferrand and one east of Paris before sailing Zebrugge-Hull and home.

Hi,

Who thinks we are mad. We have just bought our first caravan which we have decided to christen going abroad. We are off to Southern France which will take us more than a few minutes to get to?!We are off from Dover to Calais on Thursday 11 Aug on the 5am crossing - any one joining us?!!! We are off for three weeks starting with 1 week in Castellane, and a week in Avignon. We were thinking of staying at aires de services/repos on the way down, but have heard so many conflicting reports? - anyone got any advice? Also how much will it cost us for the tolls to the South of France via Dijon and Lyon sticking to autoroutes?

Regards,

Garry and Nikki

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Who thinks we are mad. We have just bought our first caravan which we have decided to christen going abroad. We are off to Southern France which will take us more than a few minutes to get to?!We are off from Dover to Calais on Thursday 11 Aug on the 5am crossing - any one joining us?!!! We are off for three weeks starting with 1 week in Castellane, and a week in Avignon. We were thinking of staying at aires de services/repos on the way down, but have heard so many conflicting reports? - anyone got any advice? Also how much will it cost us for the tolls to the South of France via Dijon and Lyon sticking to autoroutes?

Regards,

Garry and Nikki
Regarding Aires, this topic has been 'aired' a few times before. Do a search. My advice is do not use them because there are plenty of good caravan sites to stop on over night which will be more secure and you can relax and enjoy a peaceful night.

May 8, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Regards,

Garry and Nikki
I am estimating 112 Euros from Calais to the Cote d'azur

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike, we stayed at lanniron 2 years ago and had a superb time. Granted, we were in the middle of a heatwave, but the site was very good - large pitch with e/w/d. Very quiet at night/early morning and a superb restaurant. Only dissapointment was the swimming pool - undersized for summer use, but clean/tidy etc. Lots of great beaches nearby and plenty places of interest.

Look out for silver Hyundai Santa Fe with Avondale Rialto.

Enjoy

John
Hi John,

I'll look out for you. We'll be in a lunar lexon with a silver Mercedes. We're travelling with friends who'll be in a Red Seat with a swift. Here's hoping for warm weather as it was two years ago.

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
July 28th:- off to Camping-Oree-du-Bois (near Royan) in Charente for 16 nights. Never been there before so any comments on the site/area would be welcome. Cheers.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
July 28th:- off to Camping-Oree-du-Bois (near Royan) in Charente for 16 nights. Never been there before so any comments on the site/area would be welcome. Cheers.
We were in that area last week. Weather was scorching. We stayed at Sequoia Parc in Marennes. Although we didn't think much to Marennes Royan was lovely, long beach to walk along and then you come to all the boats with the cafes etc by the side - really really nice. Oh how I wish I was there now. We only went for a morning but what we saw was lovely and would love to go back. Enjoy !

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi Caroline, we're off tomorrow night from Poole - Cherbourg and then on to the Loire for two weeks. First time in France with the van - a bit anxious but know that, after 600-700 kilmoetres - we'll be fine - only joking!!! Someone told us just to follow the caravan in front out of Cherbourg but, knowing our luck, we'll end up in Belgium!!! Anyway, off to pack the van and drink some good wine, in preparation you understand!!

Paul and Ruth

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ruth & Paul, I live in Poole and if you find your way to the ferry terminal you'll have no problems at all getting onto the N13 from Cherbourg. I think you will also find the roads to the Loire to be relatively traffic free after the route to Poole which at this time of the year is always busy on Friday afternoons and evenings.

Have a great time.

Jun 8, 2005
Visit site
Hi Caroline

This will be our first trip to France with a caravan. We only started caravanning last year and are now on our second caravan.

We have managed to book Ch

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Ruth & Paul, I live in Poole and if you find your way to the ferry terminal you'll have no problems at all getting onto the N13 from Cherbourg. I think you will also find the roads to the Loire to be relatively traffic free after the route to Poole which at this time of the year is always busy on Friday afternoons and evenings.

Have a great time.
You're more than kind - speak soon!!

Ruth

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site

Have a great time.
How rude of me - should have said, hope to see you soon!!! And, by the way, great to hear from you!

Paul and Ruth

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Have a great time.
hello

Have a fabulous holiday -3 weeks on sunday till we go and I can;t wait!!!!!!

Had a barby in the garden tonight complete with caravan and awning up and neighbours kids in our pool now I really can't wait!!

Caroline

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
We're doing the tunnel for the first time this year with the van - did it some years ago solo and been waiting ever since for caravan price to drop enough. Now it's less than half the price of getting to GB from NI in the first place!

As far as France goes, it's straight through to Austria (via Germany) but stopping near Paris on way back to stay with the French family our son stayed with on a school trip 3 yrs ago.

Jun 6, 2005
Visit site
We're doing the tunnel for the first time this year with the van - did it some years ago solo and been waiting ever since for caravan price to drop enough. Now it's less than half the price of getting to GB from NI in the first place!

As far as France goes, it's straight through to Austria (via Germany) but stopping near Paris on way back to stay with the French family our son stayed with on a school trip 3 yrs ago.
Dover to Calais via Hoverspeed, one night stop at Lyon, then carry on to Port Grimoud St Tropez.

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
hello

Have a fabulous holiday -3 weeks on sunday till we go and I can;t wait!!!!!!

Had a barby in the garden tonight complete with caravan and awning up and neighbours kids in our pool now I really can't wait!!

Caroline
Thanks Caroline - it's mid-afternoon and we've packed and polished the 'van and car, mown the lawns, done the shopping etc etc etc - waved goodbye to our son and his family who are off to South Devon with their 'van for the weekend. Can start to wind down now until it's time to go at around 10pm. Glad you're looking forward to your hols - hope you have a great time.

Ruth

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
6th July from Portsmouth to Le Havre, spending a week in Le Mans so hubby can catch some big French carp(or try to) then we're going to play it by ear for the 2nd week.

Never been to France although went to Spain some years ago when kids were youngerto site in Noja.

Can't wait.

Happy hols to everyone.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Off to Dusseldorf/Germany (Dover/Calais) 29 August for the caravan show then on down the Rhine for 10 days and back via Luxembourg. Early October to France Lot et Garonne region then on to Spain until mid December. Happy hols everyone and safe towing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts