Heading to Spain

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Our Tiguan has an option in the settings to switch from continental to UK dip. One dark evening I sat with my lights facing a wall on a nearby industrial estate, and by switching I was able to see the difference. It was hardly noticeable.
That interesting which Tiguan model have you got then i can have a look on mine :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Is it actually a law that headlights need to dip to the left or is it a preference? I agree about being able to see the edge of the road as on many rural roads the edge is broken and you can hit a large hole at the side of the road.
It may come under the Construction and Use regulations. But either way I’m happy to have a left hand dip. On France years ago I would paint the headlights yellow and place black tape over the section of lens that dipped the beam to the left. If you didn’t have yellow headlights my did you get flashed at night.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
There is no law that says headlights must dip to the nearside, whether this is to the left in the case of the UK or to the right in the case of Continental Europe. It is an option to central dipping which is acceptable everywhere.

Lens converters or beam deflectors must not be fitted to any high energy discharge (such as xenon) or LED headlamp system as they can cause scatter, making things worse than without, thus defeating the whole object of what they are intended to do. If the manufacturer hasn't provided for remote control of dipped beam setting, the headlamp units must be re-aimed manually.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
There is no law that says headlights must dip to the nearside, whether this is to the left in the case of the UK or to the right in the case of Continental Europe. It is an option to central dipping which is acceptable everywhere.

Lens converters or beam deflectors must not be fitted to any high energy discharge (such as xenon) or LED headlamp system as they can cause scatter, making things worse than without, thus defeating the whole object of what they are intended to do. If the manufacturer hasn't provided for remote control of dipped beam setting, the headlamp units must be re-aimed manually.

Thanks for the info on deflectors, I did not know that, I thought it might have been due to the heat they produce.

My headlights are ‘steering’ ones. Not sure what is best to do when in Europe. Up to now I have just avoided driving at night, that works well.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts