Heated Towel Rail

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Kevin

Thanks !

I wonder if the arms can be shortened & the end cap re-fitted back on ?

There is a new one advertised on E-bay & it says the arms are made of aluminium.

I suppose it depends on how many slots there are for the hot air to blow down.

I think I'm going to visit a dealer & see if i can find one fitted in a van for a closer look...

I have enough width, but would need to shorten the upright tube...

I like a challenge..

Sproket.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Sprocket on the pdf file it shows the arms seperate so I think you can just use one which would cut the hight down. I didnt think about visiting a bailey dealer and having a look to see if the arms can be shortend.

Kevin

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Kevin

I think the end caps will be either a tight press in-fit or they will be held in place by some sort of adhesive,it wont be much either way... it all depends on how far apart the blow holes are spaced.... have a look at one close up.

Sproket.

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
Drying towels is a problem in a caravan. I bought a 1kw radiator which stands in the bedroom and dries all our towels and teatowels. It's better than blown heating - as you say blown heating isn't very effective in an end bathroom. Don't know anything about heated towel rails - it's not a job we could do ourselves but the radiator solved our problem.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Sproket

20 Dec 2009 05:08 PM Kevin

Thanks !

I wonder if the arms can be shortened & the end cap re-fitted back on ?

There is a new one advertised on E-bay & it says the arms are made of aluminium.

Sproket

Seen one in the flesh today and they are made of aluminium, also the arms can be shortened so looks like were still on for getting one, even the wife was impressed!!!

Will update you in a few weeks

Kevin

Feb 21, 2008
Visit site
We have a 2004 Eccles Topaz which is only 2 berth and perhaps that is the reason the blown air heater is so effective in the end washroom. The rail in the shower is where we hang the towels and wet coats. They always dry in no time.

However, I do like the idea of heaters on a timer, as I am usually the one who has to get up to turn the heating on 1/2 hour before we get up so that the wash room is nice and toasty.

At the moment there is 6" of snow outside and I am just dreaming about how cosy it would be in the caravan. It's only on the drive so if we get another power cut, we might just move out there. It's all wrpped up at the moment but we can soon get it up and running. ooooh I can't wait!

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to drag an old post up but in this months magazine Doug King says fitting one will certainly invalidate the caravans warranty , after doing the rounds ie Swifttalk bailey talk it does not state this anywhere in fact it helps with where to put them so can you please elabarate on the subject please

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Doug King replied to the owner of a new Lunar Venus 500/4 that DIY fitting a heated towel rail would 'almost certainly' invalidate the warranty. It would be best to check with the supplying dealers and the manufacturers before carrying out any DIY electrical work on an under warranty caravan to be on the safe side.
I'd have thought that any after market 240v electrical work on a new caravan would have to be certified by a qualified electrician to comply with warranty T&C's and for the caravan insurance policy to remain valid.

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
The blown air heating in our twin axles has always provided ample heating around the whole caravan. The direction and balance of the air flow can be altered on the back of heater units. Before buying another heater it's worth checking all the joints on the blow air system and for holes in the pipes. Straighten out the pipes, do away with sharp bends and shorten and re route the pipes if possible.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if Mondyman wanted to fit a heated towel rail, he was asking if Doug King was correct in his reply to a magazine reader who was asking where he bought the heated towel rail from. The reader stated that his caravan is new which is probably why Doug King advised him to check for warranty issues before proceeding.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Parksy said:
Doug King replied to the owner of a new Lunar Venus 500/4 that DIY fitting a heated towel rail would 'almost certainly' invalidate the warranty. It would be best to check with the supplying dealers and the manufacturers before carrying out any DIY electrical work on an under warranty caravan to be on the safe side.
I'd have thought that any after market 240v electrical work on a new caravan would have to be certified by a qualified electrician to comply with warranty T&C's and for the caravan insurance policy to remain valid.
My last two new caravans have both been heavely modified,with the fitting of crank up satellite dish, solar panel, reversing camera, heated towel rail, to name but a few.
Both have had warranty issues, one of them a Bailey Arizona was returned to the factory twice, neither of them had the work refused because of my additions, why should they? Unless there is a direct bearing to the warranty issue by any modifications you have carried out there should be no problem.
In the case of the crank up satellite dish, on contacting Bailey for there approval, they were good enough to furnish me with the roof plan of my caravan to aid fitting.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts