Heater not working on caravan like to buy!

Apr 5, 2018
Visit site
Hi guys,

New to caravanning, just after some advice please. Saw a caravan I like to buy but the heater isn’t working. It’s a carver 5000 heater. Think it’s a major fault with it.

Question is, will this be a problem and also will it be a problem for future potential buyers. Want to keep it for about 18 months then sell. It’s a Europa 520, year 2000 for 3.5k.

Thank you ,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Most caravanners will expect the heater in a caravan to work, so a non working appliance could be a deal breaker. It will depend on what the fault is whether it can be repaired for a reasonable cost or not.

If the Carver cannot be repaired, Truman do make an equivalent S5004, with or without the electric Ultraheat. You would need to seek professional assistance to have the Carver repaired, or replaced in accordance with good safety practice.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Don't buy if if it not working, . I can't understand your question about , two years on. If its not working now ????
:eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy:

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you really want the caravan and the heater does not work I would find out what the cost to replace it will be and deduct that from any offer. If it can be repaired then all well and good but if the seller will not do it assume the worst.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Raywood said:
If you really want the caravan and the heater does not work I would find out what the cost to replace it will be and deduct that from any offer. If it can be repaired then all well and good but if the seller will not do it assume the worst.

I think I would be looking elsewhere for my dream caravan

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Raywood said:

I think I would be looking elsewhere for my dream caravan

I probably would but it is an option that some people might go for.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think most of the people that populate this forum would do the repairs necessary before offering it for sale, for most of us it would be a matter of course. The fact that the vendor hasn't done this would make me walk away from this particular van. That he has owned this van and not done the repairs either doesn't say much for him/her or the problem is deeper than you think.

At this time of year there are plenty of vans for sale as people are starting to collect their new vans, its a buyers market, shop around.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thingy said:
I think most of the people that populate this forum would do the repairs necessary before offering it for sale, for most of us it would be a matter of course. The fact that the vendor hasn't done this would make me walk away from this particular van. That he has owned this van and not done the repairs either doesn't say much for him/her or the problem is deeper than you think.

It also raises the question of what other aspects of the caravan have not received proper maintenance by its current owner!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts