heating

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
we don't want to use the heater in the van as we have toddlers, so we are thinking of getting a fan heater. Can we use any sort or can anyone recommend something else. Denise

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
Try to avoid domestic type heaters if you can, they draw too much current, some sites with 10a hook ups will trip immediately. Fan heaters can be used but find one with maybe 1.5kw maximum. Just a thought, have you considered some sort of fire guard?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Denise

I use an electric convetor heater with a thermostat, I found a fan heater too dry, we put our in the awning and leave on low, it takes the chill off and also drys the towels overnight. I bought mine from argos.

Hope this helps

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
You can get 800 to 1200W ones for around 16 pounds, halogen. The argos ones are fifty quid nearly for 1800 watts, which will use up most of your 10 amps.

We bought 400/800W from Robert Dyas at 15 quid, halogen so instant, flat, light easy to use and only around 4 amps on full power.

The fan heater takes all the juice.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Blown air is the answer, but a simple mesh fire set-up gaurd to protect little hands and fingers is a simple light weight addition that can be made to stow flat and just be clipped in place when the heater is needed !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts