Heki Roof Light

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Decided not to go away for bank holidays but carry out some basic cleaning on the van.Can any one tell me how to remove the std size Heki roof light from the front of the van. I can see there are 3 brackets at the front of the roof light that fix it with 6 x pozi screws, but I can,t see how to detach the gas struts with ease.

Thanks Rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Unfortunatly the van is parked below trees at a storage site and the roof and the heki are a mess as usual. I can get the roof clean no problem with fenwicks,but I cannot remove all the green from the nooks and crannies of the exterior of the heki and I do not want to apply too much pressure. Also the heki perspex area ia not sealed as it sits over a oversized lip.

Rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Heki removed cleaned and returned correctly.

Quite a simple job. The heki has 3x black brackets with 2 screws in each.Remove 3 of the screws 2 x bottom side brackets and 1 x top in the centre bracket. Remove the trim covers from the side of the Heki frame then you can see the 2 x pins that hold the hydralic rams in place, these just pull out. Remove the 3 x other screws fron the brackets that the heki hinges on and remove and clean. Don't forget to clean round the apature where the heki sits. No chance of leaks.

Thanks for the help !!!

Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts