heki sunroof

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm fairly sure the flimsy plastic skylight in our bathroom has a hairline crack in it, as it leaks a small amount from time to time. I spotted you can buy a small heki for £65 which would let more light in and open much wider. Has anyone ever fitted one of these to an exisitng hole? pretty easy i would have thought with the right sealant? any thoughts....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
h graham i have fitted two of these in my van only took an hour each one they fitted into the existing holes and i used mastic tape from local caravan shop hope you do change them does make a big difference

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Do you need exterior access to the unit to fit it? I'm OK for the Washroom but the Kitchen vent is in the centre of the van & I'm not sure about putting my weight on the roof!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No you don't need outside access to fit one, unless your shoulders on't go through a 400 x 400 cutout.

I used the tape sealer from W4 and trimmed it down to the right width - less messy than a liquid sealant in a sealant gun. Be careful to tighten the screws down gradually and go from side to side - not all one side down at once ( like tightening wheel nuts properly)

In use, use the vent position with the retaining stops - I've found that the first position (minimum ventilation) allows the top to blow open in even a slight wind, with risk of cracks around the hinge lugs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts