Hello & a bit of advice please - Truma Heater

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Hi all,

Having upgraded from tenting to a 2004 Swift Challenger SE a year and half ago we're still finding our feet with it all.

Our Truma water heater element went last season and we spent £140 having it replaced ....we've just been on our 1st holiday of the season and we believe the element has gone again due to the fact that as soon as we switch the heater on it trips the electric.

We're wondering if it's because we left it on constantly. Can anyone advise? I'm so cross that we're going to have to fork out yet again for another element!

Considering just using gas to heat the water up and not bothering to get the element replaced .... Any advice on doing that would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Is the Circuit Breaker protecting the heater tripping, or is it the main RCD tripping ..... or even both? If it is only the RCD, then it is possible that the mains connections to the heater element have got wet/damp. (The other possibility is that the new heater element has developed an earth leakage fault. This can happen in aggresive water due to corrosion, but normally only after many years).

Leaving the heater switched on permanently as long as the heater is full of water should not be a problem .....but are you QUITE certain that you have not had the heater switched on (even for a few seconds) whilst the hot water tank is drained?

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
VicMallows said:
Leaving the heater switched on permanently as long as the heater is full of water should not be a problem .....but are you QUITE certain that you have not had the heater switched on (even for a few seconds) whilst the hot water tank is drained?

Hi , on our last caravan that we had I found this a problem to , you must switch off all your switches when shutting the caravan down then I found on the last one when I used to power the caravan up I switch all but water hreating switch onI then found out that the water boiler heater is supposed to be filled and then the water / heating switch switched on otherwise you will just trip the element all the time . Bring your water through the caravan first then switch the heating switches on.

Craig

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts