Hello, advice required please

May 26, 2015
Visit site
:) Hello everyone! After a 15 year break from caravanning we are ready to take the plunge again! We have worked our tow weight out we have a Volvo C 30 2.0 diesel. We have found 2 caravans on sale and which to choose!?
A Swift Charisma 2009 2 berth 1200 kg looks ok and in good condition

Or

Lunar Quasar 462 a 2010 model the 3 ring gas cooker top very rusty! But advised would replace!

Lunar Quasar 462 2012 model cooker better however the draught proof trims in a few places already off and the middle front window insect/blind shutter runners off completely! Will replace

Can anyone advise me are Swift a better caravan? Or is the Lunar a good caravan and the cooker rust/shutter runners just a pre owners being heavy handed?

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Lower than what?

There are lockers above the front windows (much more convenient than any panoramic sky-looking window), but you can knock your head on them if you are leaning too far forward over the centre chest.

PS I'm 5 ft 9 in.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
From what I have seen and had to deal with over the years I don't think there is a lot to choose in terms of reliability for either Lunar or Swift. Both are large manufacturers and continue to have the same sorts of issues cropping up on forums and problem pages.

Both manufacturers will share the same suppliers for a large number of the OEM appliances, so there will be nothing to choose between them in that respect.

The rust you report on the cooker could well be down to the previous owners, possibly using the wrong cleaning fluids (E.g. Flash should not be used on painted metal).

It should be of no surprise the older a caravan gets the more likely a problem will arise, but the other factor is how much its been used.

I would suggest going for the younger model, but its a bit of a lottery which ever way you go.

By using a dealer, you will get some guarantee, and of course cover under the sale of goods act.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts