Hello Everyone - a Lurker come in from the shadows

May 25, 2023
Visit site
Started with caravan and four children, then motorhome when fledgelings flew the nest. Back to caravan now in our twilight years and goodness everything may seem modern n slick but I find it complicated and technical. No need of a motor mover with 4 pairs of grubby hands to push and pull, awnings were all poles and string. Pumping water to the sink was found to be great fun, climbing over bodies in the night to get to the loo - an expected hazard. Don’t remember worrying about nose weights, nor level pitches, we didn’t have leccie in the beginning😆 So hey ho, one door shuts and another opens - not sure yet if I’ll master the gadgets and rules. But this seems a good way of finding like minded fellow travellers with fountains of knowledge and much humour

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. I am sure your long experience will be of help to others here.
Keep posting
Mel

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Yes, vans are sooo much different no. But when young and fit it never seamed to matter.

John

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
I fitted motor movers to fit van on tight pad at home. Didn't think I'd use them much at campgrounds. No matter how good a reverser you are hard to bet motor movers for precise placement, especially at night. Also good for the marriage.
Whats points of having such large remote control toy and not play with it.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
When I had a car with a twin clutch DSG auto box I tended to use the mover predominantly to limit any wear on the clutches. Particularly at home too as to put it on the drive required an uphill reverse and a 90 degree onto a drive with a slight slope. DSG didn’t like it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts