Hello Everyone - I'm New!!

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
Just wanted to say "Hello" to everyone as I'm new to the forums.

We're a big family from North Yorkshire - a spendaholic wife (that's me), an overworked husband, 4 kids and a loopy dog!

At the moment we have a large tent and a trailer tent and are canvas campers but we're currently looking to buy our first van (very exciting!!)

I've fallen in love with the new triple bunk bedded Bailey, so now I just need hubby to work even harder so I can go and buy one!!!

I'm really looking forward to chatting to you all and getting lots of advice.

Helen xx

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Helen.

Our friends fetched their Senator Carolina last week and had to take it straight back as the toilet was leaking badly. Other than this little hiccup they like the van very much. It wouldn't do for us though as our kids are not as slightly built as theirs and the bunks are too narrow for strapping almost-teenagers not to mention the heavy weight - can't afford a car big enough to pull one! Lovely van though as is the Ranger with the similar layout.

We have a Geist AK495 which is a similar layout to the Bailey but with only 2 fixed bunks. The rear dinette is fantastic for families especially in the mornings for serving breakfast before the double bed has been put away.

Hope you can get a van to suit your family. We've only had ours since October and have just returned from our second outing. Like you, we were previously tent campers but will never go back now. The luxury of heating, running hot water and a flushable toilet are too much to give up now we've experienced them!

Apr 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi Helen, I'm new too! We are a family new to this as well. We've just bought our new Bailey Ranger 540/6, the one with the triple bunks!! We pick it up next week and I'm v excited. Our family isn't so big as yours, just me, husband and two kids (both pre school..eek!!) Me and hubby used to camp in tents too but we've not done since the kids. Talk about diving in head first!..Our first weekend away is in May. Wish us luck!

Angel

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Helen, I'm new too! We are a family new to this as well. We've just bought our new Bailey Ranger 540/6, the one with the triple bunks!! We pick it up next week and I'm v excited. Our family isn't so big as yours, just me, husband and two kids (both pre school..eek!!) Me and hubby used to camp in tents too but we've not done since the kids. Talk about diving in head first!..Our first weekend away is in May. Wish us luck!

Angel
Hi Angel,

We're new too and also have 2 pre-schoolers too!

We picked up our van last month and are currently trying to find somewhere for our first outing. Our youngest is nearly 6 months but quite sleeping through yet so we're hoping he does soon so we can get out.

We live in the N.Lincs/South Yorkshire area, so if you find any toddler frindly sites give us a shout!

Cheers,

Gary & Amanda (and Sam & Ben)

Apr 13, 2008
Visit site

Angel
Hello and welcome to the forums.

John

CLTOURING.com

Apr 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi Angel,

We're new too and also have 2 pre-schoolers too!

We picked up our van last month and are currently trying to find somewhere for our first outing. Our youngest is nearly 6 months but quite sleeping through yet so we're hoping he does soon so we can get out.

We live in the N.Lincs/South Yorkshire area, so if you find any toddler frindly sites give us a shout!

Cheers,

Gary & Amanda (and Sam & Ben)
Hi Gary and Amanda and Sam and Ben!

Picked up our van last weekend. dead excited to try it out. First trip is booked for York (Beechwood Grange). I posted a query on the 'sites' bit of this forum and got some good feedback, so I'm hopeful! Will let u know what it's like (it's got a playground so looking good!). Also not too far from your neck of the woods.

Angela (aka Angel!, Geoff, James and Izzy)

Apr 6, 2008
Visit site
Gosh. getting all confused by 'comments' v 'reply' sections! oops. I've 'commented' on your comments in the blue box above GaryH and John!

Angel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts