Hello Everyone

Jan 8, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have just bought a Swift Charisma 555 so thought I better register as I'm a total caravan n00b.

The main reason why I bought the van is because I do dog agility and travel all over the country with my dogs. Camping became a bit too much towards the end of last year, plus the missus spat her dummy out and wanted a bit of comfort :lol:

I spent months looking at vans and what van would suit our needs best, we eventually settled on the 555, not everyones cup of tea but we both love it.

I cant wait for our 1st trip away (Easter) I'm going to keep the trip fairly close to home in case of any disasters.

Can anyone give any good advice for my 1st trip...

Oct 30, 2006
Visit site
Hope you have as much fun as we have in our abbey freestyle version, we got ours last april and love it. We went away so much with our children and lazy dogs , no agility for us I am afraid. Where abouts do you live, somewhere close is best and we have found caravan Club sites are consistantly very good . we have not tried rallying, not brave enough for that yet , but maybe soon, take care and hope you enjoy yourselves.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Matt, Welcome to the forum.

Why not make a list of things that you need to take on your first trip, cutlery, dogs bowls, gas bottle etc and save it on your computer then you can just print one off every time that you go away. You'll still leave something behind though :)

Have a look on this and other sites for advice on how to load your caravan so that it tows safely and within the weight limits, and above all, enjoy your new caravan. Good Luck,

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts