Hello Everyone

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
This seems to be a really nice website to use, and easy to use Forum. I am new to motor homing, I just got my family involved and we are raring to go. Bought a Swift 696 and we will use its space as there are 5 of us. Looking at getting over to the alps and Italy this summer, any tips on location welcome.

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome Cgabell and congratulations on buying your new family toy. We also own a Swift but a smaller two berth job for us wrinklies.

We too plan on a trip to Italy this year but we've nothing mapped out in any detail as yet. We will be crossing from Dover to Calais then, after a stop off in France we'll possibly be heading through for stop offs in Germany and Switzerland with the intention of hitting our first stop in Italy somewhere on the shores of Lake Como.

Pisa, Rome, Sorrento, Florence and Venice are also on our "would like to visit" list. We're both retired so can take our time and plan to be away for five to eight weeks starting mid to late May. I really should get down to some detailed planning but usually just play it as it comes along although the OH gets a bit nervous if we don't have sites prebooked.

Good luck with your motorhome trips and do let us know how you get on.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, cgabell, welcome to the Practical Motorhome forum and to the world of motorcaravanning. There are lots of experienced people on here, so if you need any advice I am sure someone will be able to answer your questions. We'd love to hear how you get on when you head off on tour.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts