Hello from a complete beginner

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
We, that is my wife Sharon & I have been chewing over whether to purchase a motorhome or caravan for the last couple of years. We have never tried either but have decided that the time is right with our children now 30 & 26yrs. I have been impressed by the amount of useful information to be found on the site and thought it would be wise to come onboard so to speak. Now as to the caravan or motorhome, decisions, decisions. We have decided we will be more suited to caravaning. Now what to get? I decided that my car was not up to the job of towing so have bought a diesel Honda cr-v. As I have no experience of towing I felt I needed something solid to tow with. As for a carvan? It will be mainly the 2 of us, ocassionally 4, again with my lack of caravannning experience I didnt want anything too large and pushing this 85% guideline that I have read about. So today we purchased a Sterling Europa 470 a small 4 berth with a MTPLM of 1330kgs so hopefully it will tow fairly easily. We pick it up in a few weeks time when I have got towbar sorted on the car.
No doubt I will be asking questions as this is a complete new adventure for us both, but one with we hope we will enjoy.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello Bob, welcome to the Practical Caravan forum and congratulations on buying your Sterling Europa.
smiley-laughing.gif

Towing courses are available fro both the Camping &Caravan Club and the Caravan Club and if you are planning to visit the forthcoming NEC Caravan & Motorhome Show later this month you can try out your caaravan towing skills with the C&CC for free.
I'm sure that you will enjoy your caravanning adventure and I hope that you will enjoy using this forum to find out from knowledgeable and friendly fellow caravanners all that you need to know.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Bob and sharon. You made the right choice of a caravan over a motorhome,
smiley-wink.gif
. Welcome to the forum. Ask any questios you need to, someonr knowledgeable will help.
mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Bob and Sharon

Welcome to the Forum.

The NEC show is a must . For us we enjoy all the side stalls with all their gizzmos!

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome, yes hoping to get to the NEC. Was looking at doing a towing course but checked CC site and all seem to have finished now till next year. Must put myself down for a 15 minute freebee at the NEC

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Welcome to the forum both of you. You've made the right decision in getting a caravan. Once the steadies are down, the awning is up and things are unpacked, you are free to explore so many new places and you'll meet lots of friendly folk, who are always ready to help if you have a problem. Caravanning is a whole new world!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, good luck and happy vanning with your new van.
Dont forget every one is waiting to answer your questions.

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi bob and sharon

Welcome to the forum, and hope you enjoy your adventures in the van. You will wish you had done it years ago as we did .

All the best and enjoy.

Dougie.........

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Bob This is a belated welcome to the practical caravan forum enjoy yourself on here they are a great bunch....................

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts