Hello from a new boy

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi all

My names Tony & my partner is Linda. Came back to caravaning last Year after a few years break.Have a 1994 Conquerer 550 LUX

tugged by Freelander.Great forum, most probably won't hear from me much as i'm a very shy Welshman.

Bye for now Tony

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Tony and Linda. Born and bred in the valleys, me. Place called Maesteg not far from Bridgend, now made famous by colin. We live in exile in England now. Welcome, hope you feel brave enough to post. I know nothing of any use to any caravanner but still manage to chip in.

Mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hey Mel there is only one place better than Bridgend and that is my home town of Port Talbot (actually Aberavon). As a Maesteg lad you should know all about the delights that Port Talbot has to offer either residents of the town or visitors. My wife is from that well known mining valley referred to as The Garw Valley (Pantygog, Pontycymer). As she says regarding the three Bridgend vallies "Same sheep different mountain". You have I assume left Wales and gone east to England on missionary work in converting them to a civilised race and to teach them a thing or two about rugby.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A few places better than Port Talbot and that is Burry Port, Llanelli over looking the Gower.

Best Beaches by far and also the longest beach. Don't mean to offend you in the East.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gill I now cannot go east because of Lord B. in Hereford and now the west are ganging up on me. Where can I go? Answers on a post card only please and no bad/crude suggestions as even a cabbage has a heart.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the websites colin, although we were in Port Talbot not so long ago as my brother in law lives there. My uncle lives in Aberavon and is a regular at the Tai Bach rugby club, whose choir sang at my mothers funeral last year. You can't beat a good Welsh funeral. I have many happy memories of Aberavon beach. What a wasted tourist opportunity that was, beautiful beach, miles of sand, lovely view of the steel works.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the websites colin, although we were in Port Talbot not so long ago as my brother in law lives there. My uncle lives in Aberavon and is a regular at the Tai Bach rugby club, whose choir sang at my mothers funeral last year. You can't beat a good Welsh funeral. I have many happy memories of Aberavon beach. What a wasted tourist opportunity that was, beautiful beach, miles of sand, lovely view of the steel works.
Mel - don't forget the BP Chemical Works at the other end and at one time the larget council estate in the UK right behind it. Apart from all that a beautiful beach.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Taibach Rugby Club - Friday Grab A Granny night whey hey!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts