Hello from Cambs

May 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi all, just purchased our first caravan, the Bailey Senator Carolina 2008. Weve been camping in a tent for a couple of years and took the plunge and bought a caravan. Collect it Saturday May 17th, the wife has no idea i went and bought it so should be a nice suprise (I hope!).

Already booked in a site on the French/Spain border in August so should be good towing experience!!

My major concern is parking the van on site. The site we went to last year had very tight access roads.

I have read through many of the posts on here and its a valuable resource.

Regards

Anthony

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi Anthony!

Bet you're feeling a bit left out, eh? Posting last Friday and no-one answering you over the weekend!?

Welcome....

Sounds like you're taking the bit between your teeth this summer! Nice one.

Keep us informed.

Mac

May 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mac,

Thats the story of my life!! I am married with 3 daughters aged 11,8 & 4 so I know my place.

Well excited about the van, managd to change ou summer holiday booking from a tent to a caravan so thats all sorted.

I keep reading through the posts and its a greathelp.

Regards

Anthony

May 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Picked the caravan up yesterday, the wife was speechless!!

Towed home lovely, and even managed to reverse it on the drive.

Can't wait for this weekend so we can go away and try it out!

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Well done Anthony I hope you and your wife and family get many years of caravanning enjoyment. If she drives make sure she gets behind the wheel this weekend, you might as well do the learning curve together.

I'm towing solo to Monaco starting later today, so she'll be fine with you along side her ;

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Congratulations on the purchase of your new caravan. We picked a new Coachman VIP 535/4 in March. Love the caravan although we do have a few issues....Enjoy the experience. We havent plucked up courage to go abroad yet, so let us know how you get on.

Wendy - Cambs too

May 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks for the welcome, I just wish I had read the advice on taking it easy before setting up!!

We had a great week but I learnt some major lessons very quickly, like making sure the van is level and not just "that'll do" and open a beer, as we had alsorts of things happening in the shower tray!!

It was still great fun and hoping to get a weekend in before our trip to France.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts