Hello from Durham

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Kenno. Welcome to the forum. County Durham is one of our favourite go-to places. Tell us about whichever outfit you end up with and Keep posting.
Mel

Reactions: Kenno
Nov 2, 2023
Visit site
Hi Mel, we have a 2ltr. diesel Toyota Rav4 2wd. and just purchased a 2017 Bailey Unicorn Valencia which we are hoping to collect on the 18th. Then it will be a case of familiarising ourselves with it somewhere local at first.

Reactions: Hutch and Mel
Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
Hi
I am from Durham aea.
I have a new a vigo bought June 2022.
For a 30k van I am not impressed at all

Warranty a waste of time
Build quality makes me want to either make this my last van or at least never but a bailey again.

Cheers

John

• Wow
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi
I am from Durham aea.

Warranty a waste of time
Build quality makes me want to either make this my last van or at least never but a bailey again.

Cheers

John
That’s a sad reflection on Bailey, but I’m afraid it’s not unique. Hopefully the snags will get sorted and you can enjoy your caravan as intended.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
That’s a sad reflection on Bailey, but I’m afraid it’s not unique. Hopefully the snags will get sorted and you can enjoy your caravan as intended.
A great shame for The Lodger. Can he / she tell us more about the problems? Plenty of Forumites who have first hand knowledge of warranty claims and CRA 2015 against the Dealer May be able to help

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi
I am from Durham aea.

Warranty a waste of time

Cheers

John
As the caravan is about a year old, what are the issues as many are covered under CRA 2015 especially if reported within the first 6 months?

I agree warranties are useless and can be used as toilet paper, but legislation over rides any pathetic warranty that a manufacturer may offer.

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Over 4 decades, we've bought 3 new caravans from different manufacturers, I'm firmly of the opinion that the warranty period is an ordeal while you get all the build snagging dealt with and then enjoy many years of trouble-free caravanning.

If everyone took the view "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" after the initial warranty then the resulting lower sales of new caravans would soon focus the minds of caravan makers.

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 2, 2023
Visit site
Last week we had a removable towbar and electrics fitted to our Toyota Rav4 (£440) in anticipation of collection the caravan this weekend.

Well there has been a delay with collecting our 2017 Valencia :(

Had a phone call today to let me know that the PDI come across a few issues. The awning light has condensation in it and will be replaced, the fridge is not working on gas and needs a new element and the Aldi control panel needs replacing. The parts have been ordered and I will be notified when they arrive before receiving a new collection date.

On another note we have booked 3 nights on a CL site near Jedburgh Saturday to Tuesday over the New Year. :D

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Last week we had a removable towbar and electrics fitted to our Toyota Rav4 (£440) in anticipation of collection the caravan this weekend.

Well there has been a delay with collecting our 2017 Valencia :(

Had a phone call today to let me know that the PDI come across a few issues. The awning light has condensation in it and will be replaced, the fridge is not working on gas and needs a new element and the Aldi control panel needs replacing. The parts have been ordered and I will be notified when they arrive before receiving a new collection date.

On another note we have booked 3 nights on a CL site near Jedburgh Saturday to Tuesday over the New Year. :D
That is a good news phone call, some dealers would have just put the van out and let, you, find the faults.

Reactions: Buckman and Kenno
Jul 12, 2023
Visit site
I am from Durham aea.

Warranty a waste of time
If you get the chance visit the Elddis open day and do a factory tour. You'll probably steer clear of brand new afterwards.

Second hand private sales all the way, and go in with an expectation of some minor DIY on appliances/fixtures etc. And you'll never get let down. Caravans are less complex than IKEA furniture so not hard to work with if something does go wrong, and the many,any thousands saved will certainly take the edge off.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts