Hello from Shropshire.

Dec 18, 2021
Visit site
Hello everyone. Been caravanning for a long time, love touring in Europe, France, Spain and Portugal. We currently have a 2021 Swift Elegance 565. Had to stop using it in August as we sold our tow car assuming delivery of a new one ordered in early May. Nearly eight months later no delivery still, Toyota tell us maybe 2023….. No matter, we can always use it in the back garden. 😡😡😡😡😡😡

Dec 18, 2021
Visit site
Thanks John. Now in my seventies we saved for the new van and the tow car, looking forward to our later days rumbling around Europe. Even Covid doesn’t really affect us as we are totally self contained with shower and loo. But the great Toyota has scuppered it all. Hope other members of this forum take note if they are thinking of buying Toyota.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks John. Now in my seventies we saved for the new van and the tow car, looking forward to our later days rumbling around Europe. Even Covid doesn’t really affect us as we are totally self contained with shower and loo. But the great Toyota has scuppered it all. Hope other members of this forum take note if they are thinking of buying Toyota.
My daughters new Corolla hybrid is due early January 2022 which is three weeks earlier than originally quoted when ordered in Autumn. But Toyota do make vehicles around the world, hers is made in Burnaston. My grandson has a number of Hilux on order and they are scheduled end of February 2022 and were ordered in the summer. Some Japanese makes and models have been impacted by a chip shortage exacerbated by a fire at a Japanese chip facility, as well as the delays at the Taiwan manufacturer. What Toyota do you have on order?

Reactions: PeterC
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Globally, Toyota claims to be in better shape to recover from the global chip shortage than other brands, many of which have only kept production going by de-specifying models to get rid of some of the electronic requirements.

Reactions: PeterC
Dec 18, 2021
Visit site
My daughters new Corolla hybrid is due early January 2022 which is three weeks earlier than originally quoted when ordered in Autumn. But Toyota do make vehicles around the world, hers is made in Burnaston. My grandson has a number of Hilux on order and they are scheduled end of February 2022 and were ordered in the summer. Some Japanese makes and models have been impacted by a chip shortage exacerbated by a fire at a Japanese chip facility, as well as the delays at the Taiwan manufacturer. What Toyota do you have on order?

Hi Lux, Invincible X. I was told it was made in South Africa, but there seem to be other sites around the world. Used to have a BMW X3, 3.0 Drive, with a little Sterling Europa 390. Went all over Western Europe with them. 260bhp towing 1200 kg, went like the wind. The Beemer went to my step daughter in August when I was supposed to get the Hi Lux, so we’ve had no tow car since then. My wife’s RAV is too small to tow the 1700kg Elegance.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi Lux, Invincible X. I was told it was made in South Africa, but there seem to be other sites around the world. Used to have a BMW X3, 3.0 Drive, with a little Sterling Europa 390. Went all over Western Europe with them. 260bhp towing 1200 kg, went like the wind. The Beemer went to my step daughter in August when I was supposed to get the Hi Lux, so we’ve had no tow car since then. My wife’s RAV is too small to tow the 1700kg Elegance.
My grandsons Hiluxes on order are the basic working version for estate/range duties.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Pete, hopefully you will get your new tug, sooner than later, terrible having a static van,
Merry Christmas.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Pete. Frankly if the car is not coming until at least 2023, I would ask for any deposit back and buy something available.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
This is the Toyota Invincible X. I have a very good friend in South Africa who is in senior management in Toyota. Started off as a mechanic with Toyota and she rose up through the ranks to her current position.
Here is a link to a South African 4x4 forum where you will get first hand information on the vehicle.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts