Hello from the Aston family !

Jul 8, 2008
Visit site
Hi every 1 we are Brian and Karen Aston Along with our Daughter Cara.

After about 10 years of Camping under canvas we have upgraded to a 1997 Avondale corfu four birth caravan pulled along by our Toyotta Lucida imported people carier.

If you ever meet us out there in the fields say Hello we dont bite!

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Well I'll say hello to you as nobody else is!! Don't blame you for upgrading to a caravan, I'm sure you won't regret it. What part of the country are you from?

Val.

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. We're from Sheffield and have been caravanning since October 07 with our 3 lovely boys - twins aged 12 and a 4 year old. We used to be occasional tent campers but decided to take the plunge and buy a caravan last year. We all love our holidays and are always sad to return home We've managed 5 trips away already with the next outing to Brighton planned in a couple of weeks.

Enjoy your caravan and keep posting

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Hello Brian,

We are from good old Essex(!), apparently the dryest county and certainly the flatest.

Personally I was caravanning when I was about 10ish with mum and dad. We had a Thomson Gleneagle - what a beast for its time! It had wonderful gas lights, a foot pump for the water, porta potti etc. but was made beautifully, WOODEN DOVETAILED drawers if you please.

In adulthood I rekindled the hobby about three years ago. We have had a Bailey Auvergne, Lunar Optima and now have a Coachman. I only wish I'd had the van when the children were younger, by the time we got back into it they were teenagers but thats what circumstances dictated unfortunately.

We try and get out as often as we can and have really enjoyed the times we have had - hope you do too!!

Val.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brian,

Welcome. We are "Aston Villa" fans living in Wiltshire.

Had an old Ski in 1978, a couple of Swifts, A Castleton Rovanna, Baileys and now the Bailey Wyoming. An excellent way to holiday.

Enjoy it.

Cheers

Alan

Jul 8, 2008
Visit site
hi clare and rob

our first trip in the caravan was about sept 07 and since then we try to go somewhere most weekends. we also feel sad to come back after trips. our first outing this year was march in wrexham the site was called the plassey it was really good where have you been

Mar 20, 2006
Visit site
Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of caravanning. This our fourth year of caravan ownership and as a reluctant change from tenting on my behalf - i am now the most enthusiastic. We are from the North West too - mainly go upto the lakes for weekends.

Hope you enjoy your new hobby as much as we do

Mike

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forum, we have a 1997 Avondale Corfu as well. We have now had it for a year and done a few trips, including in the winter and snow! We are still learning the ropes.

Hope you enjoy.

Mike and Lisa

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts