hello I'm new to this

Sep 16, 2005
Visit site
hello Im new to all this,thinking about taking to the road, never had a caravan before but thought it may be fun. Any advice about what i should be looking for?

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Yea you need to be looking for a big white box affair with windows and a door. On average about 5-7 metres long and with between two and four wheels preferably towards the centre. Also make sure its got a pointy bit on the front to fix it to your car.

Seriously though you are perhaps being to general. First thing I would do is go to some van showrooms see what takes your fancy (Make, style,interior set-up,price etc) you will then be in a better position to ask more direct questions ie is your vehicle suitable, single or twin axle etc etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yea you need to be looking for a big white box affair with windows and a door. On average about 5-7 metres long and with between two and four wheels preferably towards the centre. Also make sure its got a pointy bit on the front to fix it to your car.

Seriously though you are perhaps being to general. First thing I would do is go to some van showrooms see what takes your fancy (Make, style,interior set-up,price etc) you will then be in a better position to ask more direct questions ie is your vehicle suitable, single or twin axle etc etc.
You owe me

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Karramacca.

Maybe a bit late with this but . . . . .

Take a digital camera if you can - no need to print the photo's; just review them in the camera because after the first half dozen 'vans or so you forget which is what. Which one had the oven there or was it the 'fridge here.End bed - or was it end washroom? Just make sure you 'log'each shot. Caravans can be so 'samey' until you know more about them you sort of go into information overload. Trouble is you will look so sad taking pictures of interiors but just ignore the smart alec comments and keep taking the reference pics.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts