Hello, new member checking in

Apr 16, 2006
Visit site
Hello to everyone, from Gordon, Julia and James (age two) in Colchester. We've just bought our first van (a 2004 Sterling Europa 525), and will be picking it up in a couple of weeks time, so expect to see lots of stupid questions from us!

We've wanted a caravan for a couple of years, but have only just got the nerve to buy one. The plan is to try and have lots of long weekends away, rather than use it for a 2 week annual holiday.

I've camped in tents and stayed in touring and static caravans in the past, and Julia's family had caravans, so although we're both newbies, it's sort of in the blood. We're both very excited, but rather apprehensive at what the real running costs will be, as well as how much it will cost to buy everything we need to go with the caravan.

It will also be interesting to see how James copes - he's a spirited child, and will probably be a real handful. I suspect that reins, a length of rope and one of those ground spike dog anchor thingies may be the answer ;-)

Anyway, enough waffling already, especially as you're probably all away for Easter. See you in the other forums :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gordon,

Lolly,who is the official welcomer is away just now,so I'll say welcome to the forum instead!

Our son has just bought a van and is also a first timer,so we've had a few days helping him to get set up.

It's a great time for the kids,and I am sure you will enjoy yourselves.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Guys

I'm back!!

Welcome to the forum, any questions, jokes or hints just shout us, and thanks Maureen for stepping in, no Lord B this weekend I take it?!!!

Lolly x

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
:OP to Maureen and lolly, I've been away too so ner ner ner ne'er. Welcome Gordon, as you can see, give lolly the job of Head Welcomer and Door Monitor and she gets ideas far above her station ;O)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts