Hello - new to all this

May 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi well today's been an expensive day! We are first time caravanners and we started out buying a new towcar this morning so we went to the Volvo garage and have just bought a Volvo XC90 T6 SE 2.9 auto with full comms pack. Then we followed that with a visit to our caravan dealers and after many hours of confused caravan searching, my husband decided we needed to buy a used caravan as the new one I really wanted (Abby Vogue 600) was nearly £14k and with awning and full accessories it could have gotten quite expensive.

So we opted for the Abbey 520L (with the l-shaped lounge)single axle which hopefully means we can move it about more easily without a mover. We have 2 young children so we hope this will be a good choice for first timers, even though I wanted the fixed bunks for my kids, but OH decided we needed to see how we get on in our first season and then up-grade if we like it. We also bought a new full-sized awning and take delivery of the car next weekend and the caravan the week after! Do you think this is a good outfit match and is the caravan a good choice or not? All opinions much appreciated:))

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry for being negative, but if this isn't a good match then it's a bit late ... and you'll find that caravan salesmen often tell you that your car will DEFINITELY tow whatever they are trying to sell you.

Whattowcar.com (not always 100% reliable but a pretty good guide) suggests that you should be fine. I checked the Spectrum 520 (1451kg) rather than Vogue 520 (1200kg) to create the worst case scenario. It indicates a 79% match, which with all that power and an auto box would be very comfortable. Enjoy. (Vogue 520 would be 67%).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts