Hello to all forumiers

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Not sure if thats a real word but it is now.I have posted a few topics on the forum but thought I should now say hello to you fellow addicted caravanners.

I am Tony (wife Margaret)we live about 20 mile north of Brum and have been caravanning since 1975 when we had a 10' Europe not sure how we coped,various vans since and current kit is a Abbey Vogue 416 which we bought new two years ago from Lowdham Leisure(highly recommended).

We have toured all of England and Wales but love our three weeks every year in France.I set up and ran for 25 years a caravan club originally for families with deaf kids.Work wise I spent a few years looking after the caravan side of the business for part of one of the big banks (just made £12billion profit)

them not me I'm afraid!

The forum is good fun but also a good source of info.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Welcome Tony and Margaret, seems our "stand in greeter" is AWOL at the moment, wait till I tell Lolly! Hope you're enjoying the site, it is as you said, a mine of information a not a bad place for a chat. Great to see you have had good service from Lowdhams, the sales people are very helpful and one or two of the service department peeps are ok too; did you have a wonder round the motor homes while you were there?

Anyway, welcome again, hope you enjoy your stay. :eek:)

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi thank you for the welcome,I have bought the last couple of vans from Lowdhams and yes found them very good but no I avoid the motorhomes for two reasons,firstly they are not my cup of tea but also toooooooooo much money for what they cost I can get a good quality van and have enough change for vast volumes of red wine.

I see a few forumiers are off to Lickhill at Easter its a pity my other half is working otherwise I would be tempted myself,not sure where they are putting the group because only the main field has EHU.I have organised rallies there several times but in 25 years of rallies it was there that I had to cancel the only one as the river was over the top.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
As I said we have been there several times at various times of the year and only had a problem the once which perhaps not suprisingly was Easter on this occasion we were due on the rally field but no chance with the river over the top,can you imagine waking up to find that you had moved to Worcester!

The other field is higher but did get soggy.

That said its location is very good,alongside the river with good fishing,easy walk to Stourport and if energetic walk up the river over the new bridge and down the otherside back to Stourport stopping of course half way around at the Woodman Pub,the Safari Park and Severn Valley railway are also both near by.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
As I said we have been there several times at various times of the year and only had a problem the once which perhaps not suprisingly was Easter on this occasion we were due on the rally field but no chance with the river over the top,can you imagine waking up to find that you had moved to Worcester!

The other field is higher but did get soggy.

That said its location is very good,alongside the river with good fishing,easy walk to Stourport and if energetic walk up the river over the new bridge and down the otherside back to Stourport stopping of course half way around at the Woodman Pub,the Safari Park and Severn Valley railway are also both near by.
oh dear - that doesn't bode well for us all does it!!

Lolly x

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
oh dear - that doesn't bode well for us all does it!!

Lolly x
I shouldnt worry about it,a trip down the river even at Easter can be very nice,it just gets a bit bumpy over the weir by Worcester and if home is in that direction think of the fuel you will be saving.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts