Hello to all the freelander and 4x4 owners

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Hello, another happy, freelander TD4 diesel owner signing in!

Tows our senator like a dream, and yes we get about 35/40mpg mike.
Don't go getting all anti-petrol on me with your 35/40 mpg - just because you've suffered years on unwarranted abuse from the anti-4X4 brigade.

I'm hoping that my MPG will increase when I start towing, as I'll just be sat at a steady cruising speed.

Mar 8, 2006
Visit site
I also have a Freelander td4. In my travels up and down the motorways of the west country i've seen 2 of the new shape Freelanders this week one red and one a light blue i thought i was seeing things as i did'nt think they would be about till november.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been offerred a pre launch test drive from LR as we have bought new LR's before.

So these may be these test drives.

Have a look at www.landrover.co.uk/fullstory

I have a code to use to book - but sorry guys! - I am using it!!

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Are we getting back onto the X-Trail where the anti brigade are being baited ??
Hi John,

I'm not deliberately baiting anyone - honest. I don't drive a 4X4 so I don't feel the need to defend myself. I'm just genuinely confused by the anti 4X4 movement and partially believe that it is the display of wealth that is actually the target rather than the fact that there is an extra drive train.

Cheers,

Mike

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I have been offerred a pre launch test drive from LR as we have bought new LR's before.

So these may be these test drives.

Have a look at www.landrover.co.uk/fullstory

I have a code to use to book - but sorry guys! - I am using it!!
Just to add my two penneth.

We have a 4x4 a Range Rover, running on LPG and have just ventured into caravanning by buying one.

Aug 7, 2006
Visit site
You're all pretenders, why don't you get a proper Land Rover instead of trading on the name. :) :) (thought I should put at least two smileys with this)

Rod,

Defender driver.

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Guys,

You 4X4 lot need to stick together. Any in-fighting is only going to break you down.

Defender Man - have you never been interested in a car with carpets, heating, and wireless sound - and other such modern fads?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John,

I'm not deliberately baiting anyone - honest. I don't drive a 4X4 so I don't feel the need to defend myself. I'm just genuinely confused by the anti 4X4 movement and partially believe that it is the display of wealth that is actually the target rather than the fact that there is an extra drive train.

Cheers,

Mike
Mike I agree with what you say.

On another website someone made the comment that 4 X 4 owners were "showing what I can afford" and my reply was are the anti- 4 X 4 brigade showing sour grapes for what they can't afford.Its just that I usually keep out of the anti brigade comments because they have made up their minds anyway.On BBC a couple of weeks ago they had an anti and a motoring journalist who read out an email fron a Freelander owner who produced figures to show that his car was smaller thena a Mondeo in all dimensions except height and so the anti replied that it weighed about 3 ton.Never let the facts get in the way of bigotry.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Guys,

You 4X4 lot need to stick together. Any in-fighting is only going to break you down.

Defender Man - have you never been interested in a car with carpets, heating, and wireless sound - and other such modern fads?
Mike see my reply to your earlier comment above to me.

Aug 7, 2006
Visit site
Yep, did once have a passing interest in creature comforts so I bought an 18 month old Range Rover 3.9 Vogue. Very nice it was too, so nice I still have it (1992 model) but haven't used it for app 18 months to 2 years. Still a beautifull motor, only done 74K, never been smoked in, never allowed anyone to eat or drink in it and it was chaufeur driven before we had it. Always had seat covers and mats in so you can see not only was it very tidy and comfortable but still is, must be one of the best classics left but I still prefer the Defender (I really should sell the RR but it's making sure it goes to a good home). With a Defender I can go down green lanes to get some nice photos, I can chuck all manner in the back, I can put anything on the roof rack and a few scratches or dings don't really matter, they just add character. :)

Rod.

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Mike I agree with what you say.

On another website someone made the comment that 4 X 4 owners were "showing what I can afford" and my reply was are the anti- 4 X 4 brigade showing sour grapes for what they can't afford.Its just that I usually keep out of the anti brigade comments because they have made up their minds anyway.On BBC a couple of weeks ago they had an anti and a motoring journalist who read out an email fron a Freelander owner who produced figures to show that his car was smaller thena a Mondeo in all dimensions except height and so the anti replied that it weighed about 3 ton.Never let the facts get in the way of bigotry.
Hi John,

So now it's heavy cars that they're against. I agree that it's always easy to find a target if you are bigoted.

As for the display of wealth - I don't mean this is a negative way - if you've got it...etc. I'm surprised that Supercars don't come in for the same criticism as 4X4s - even more flamboyant display of wealth, less MPG and can't even tow.

Sep 3, 2005
Visit site
hi

We've got an L200 warrior which pulls our senator montana beautifully we can shove what we like in the back,including two dogs,helped a few people bogged down in the lakes earlier on this year.I just love driving it.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Hello Ian.L and all the other happy Freelander owners on the Forum. We bought a new Freelander Td4 in March this year and the first big tow with it was from East Anglia to the Highlands of Scotland pulling our Swift Charisma. We are very pleased with it in every way and even sent our salesman a postcard from Scotland to say so!

Any more happy Freelander owners out there?

Aug 14, 2006
Visit site
Well I do have my '99 1.8 XEi Station Wagon, now in semi retirement with 133k on the clock, company A4 means she doesn't get the use she used to, but I'm a reasonably happy owner I guess, just need to scrimp n save and replace her with a TD4. (Don't like to be too reliant on company transport they can disappear at inconvient times)

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
Hiya pauline

glad you enjoyed your trip to scotland sorry didnt get back straight away be busy and pleased your happy with the freelander

we are hoping to get away next week just up northumberland then up to scotland next year up near skye if all go, well we tow a bailey pageant bordeaux it tows great nice to see all the frelander owners coming out ha ha.

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
Also a bit late, but Kia Sorento and (soon to be) Beassacar Cameo - very excited.

Darrel, i've never driven a Freelander so cant really comment but the Kia is a lovely drive,very comfy, excellent tow and a lot of car for the money.

Hello to all, enjoy your cars.

Stewart, Bridget and Millie (Gorgeous cocker spaniel)

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Also a bit late, but Kia Sorento and (soon to be) Beassacar Cameo - very excited.

Darrel, i've never driven a Freelander so cant really comment but the Kia is a lovely drive,very comfy, excellent tow and a lot of car for the money.

Hi Millies Dad,

Forgot to mention we also tow a Cameo, I do know it is behind us, but it moves along very well 50 when it's 50, 60 when it's 60. Freelander is to light to tow a Cameo, plus no height adjustment on the front seats lets it down. That's only my opinion not worth much seeing so I don't have a Freelander.

val & Frank

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site

We tow with a 4x4 Pajero, tows like a dream, wouldnt tow with anything else

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts