hello to everybody !!!

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Just found and signed up to site,very impressed...I am selling up in august and looking to live full time in a touring van,i would appreciate any advice,this info may help,, I will be living on my own,,budget for van between £10,000 ,£12,000 i would like a fixed bed model, any suggestions on dealers? should i buy private? what model,make would be adequate? I am a self employed builder and i would be travelling and working from the van,,, Reason for move to this style of living is complete and utter fraustration of working all year to pay mortgauge,bills etc and never seeming to move forward !! No kids left,lol no pets,,no demanding females,!!! lolol thanks for listening,,,Ian...

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Ian. welcome to the forum. There is a long thread on full timing somewhere in this forum. Someone cleverer than me will find it for you I'm sure.
Mel

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Ian.
I wish you well with your new choice of life style. I'm not experienced enough to suggest a suitable make of caravan for you use. However one that is recognised as having good insulation/all year round use sort of a reputation. Obviously those winter nights can get cold and long.
I do occasionally have a mid week session of using my caravan during the winter for a few days fishing and can vouch for how cold it can get. Our van only boasts the lesser grade two of the insulation factors. I believe grade three insulation is the new norm now.
Best wishes Brian

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi and welcome.
I am not sure if you belong to any club ie Caravan and Camping club or the Caravan club. These clubs run small 5 van sites which for £8 - 15 per night you often get electric. toilets and showers. We stay on these a lot and there are often travelling workers staying ie Shop fitters, builders, power line engineers etc.
As I dont have much experience with a lot of vans I cannot comment on the make you would need although we have just bought 2010 Coachman Pastiche 4 berth in excellent condition for £10k which has plenty of room a large end bathroom and plenty of storage space.

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello foggy,,and mel,and lizzie and brian c...thank you very much for replies,,im not in any club as yet brian,would that be an advantage being a member of the caravan club? I did find the thread on here for full timers in a tourer but i have lost it now( i am a builder) lol and it was very interesting,,what has struck me the most is the amount of people living or planning to live full time in their tourers,,and i thought i was gonna be in the minority ! lol and i also woulkd like to say that i have been on here for what only seems like a few hours but i have had replies and welcomes from a few of you,,did you know that i havnt spoken to either of my neighbours for 4 months,,,and if this is a reflection of help i will be getting within the caravan community im a bit sick that i havnt done it before now !! lol thanks to all,i look foreward to your help and comments,,,perhaps some info on insurance if you could ?

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi Ian,
The topic that Mel mentioned can be found here:
http://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/general/12430-permanent-caravanning

It started about 8 years ago and has been going strongly for years.

There is everything you'll ever want to know about living in a van full time and lots of very good information from either full timers or folks who have lived in their vans for some years.

There is only one problem with it and that it will take you ages to read it all...!

Best of luck and do post back if there is anything you can't find or want clarification on.... there's lots of folks here with a huge amount of experience and its all available to you just for the asking!
Regards
paws

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts