Apr 27, 2007
Visit site
Due to collect our first van in 2 weeks. Really looking forward to it. Have been tenters up til now but decided we could do with a bit more comfort!!

Van is a Compass Rambler 20/6, a special edition from Wandahome based on a Compass Corona 636. Nothing like starting small (!!) but we do have 4 children!! and a chocolate labrador.

Any handy hints for us?

Thanks

Carol & Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to the fold, Carol. You'll wonder how you managed with a tent, after a night in the caravan.

Handy hint number 1

For your first outing have a weekend away at your nearest site, first. You can sort out any teething troubles, and you won't need to go far if you fail to remember something.

Apr 29, 2007
Visit site
Yep, from my experience in 1956 get the kids a tent to pitch beside your van. I did not want to sleep with my parents so bought my self a two man Ricordel Royan tent from Blacks in a sale they had on a Bank holiday with the DA (District Association of the Camping club. I am 64 now and it did not do me any harm.

Gill

Apr 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi there Carol

My wife and i used to be tenters for the last 9 years. We are towing are first caravan this friday. Not going far to start with until we build a bit of confidence. Still carol i have only one son so pulling your caravan should be a lot easier than keeping your eyes on the kids lol.

good luck

Dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts