Jan 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I didn't scrole down this far before adding my first couple of threads!!

I currently have a Abi Ace Globetrotter (not the newest of 'vans but I know all its history and it is imaculate and ideal for a young family) towed with a Ford Galaxy VR6 which is hopefully being replaced by an MG ZTT in a couple of months.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rushy - welcome to the forum. We had an Ace Globetrotter for many years and it was FANTASIC. We had a manual toilet installed and it served us well. God only knows why we sold it and went into debt to buy a new van. The Globetrotter I believe is still going strong somewhere in England now. If you are near to south Wales or have contacts here I have a spare wheel with an unused tyre for the Globetrotter - (4 stud wheel). If you want it you can have it free - just arrange for collection.

Jan 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rushy - welcome to the forum. We had an Ace Globetrotter for many years and it was FANTASIC. We had a manual toilet installed and it served us well. God only knows why we sold it and went into debt to buy a new van. The Globetrotter I believe is still going strong somewhere in England now. If you are near to south Wales or have contacts here I have a spare wheel with an unused tyre for the Globetrotter - (4 stud wheel). If you want it you can have it free - just arrange for collection.
hi, yeah that would be great. are you anywhere near Baglan?

I must admit I love our caravan, and like I said, I know all its history, and before I bought it it had been dry stored for 6 years, with regular check ups. I think the only thing that dates our 'van is the colour of the awning!! lol

Jan 16, 2008
Visit site
Forgot to ask, how did you install the manual loo? My next door neighbour is in to VW campers and he has a Thetford manual flush loo which he offered me, I looked in the washroom at how to fit and because of the way the tip up basin is mounted on an angle, it didn't look like it would fit.

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Rushy - my parents house was on the mountain side of the old A48 Baglan Road, Aberavon. I was born in the front bedroom of that house and lived there until I was married in 1968. We sold the house in 2004 when my mother passed away. I know the Baglan area very well - old part anyway.

Jan 16, 2008
Visit site
Colin, to be honest I don't know Baglan at all, it was just if Baglan is closer to you that where I am in Oxford then I could get my cousin to come and see you with regards the wheel you mentioned.

Cheers

(got your email address btw)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Rushy - I have to go to Neath within the next week or so. If you were to e-mail your cousin's address or telephone number, or alternatively ask him to contact me I could drop the wheel off at Baglan no problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts